Surreal

drgoodspeak

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, drgoodspeak said:

Yes I’m p1ssed and have just gone through the after action reports, but honestly, how surreal is it still to see Rooney as the manager of DCFC?

We know he’s only here for a short time, but fair play to Mel, he’s attracted big names and raised our profile far beyond anyone else in this league.

Yep but not always for the right reasons ?

10 hours ago, Truckle said:

Three years ago we were managed by Gary Rowett - three years ago!  The change in our profile has been little short of bonkers  since then and I reckon, from a long term business perspective, it has been an inspired strategy.  Sure we are skint right now and everyone hates us... but.

The people who hate us are fans of other clubs who, from a commercial sense are never going to buy a shirt, get a Rams TV subscription or in any way contribute to our bottom line.  Our future fans are in the far East, the US and anywhere else where Wayne Rooney may very well be one of the few English names they know.  We may be a circus right now, but everyone loves a circus and I can't see the constant media attention doing us any harm at all globally. 

Being realistic, just like Frank did, Rooney will be off as soon as a better gig comes his way. So even if we did attract a handful of Wazza fanatics from the US, Far East or elswhere, they would tend to follow their idol, not his former employer.

3 hours ago, europia said:

Being realistic, just like Frank did, Rooney will be off as soon as a better gig comes his way. So even if we did attract a handful of Wazza fanatics from the US, Far East or elswhere, they would tend to follow their idol, not his former employer.

Wayne will get us promoted before he goes. His plan is to get us promoted. Back where we belong.

21 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

How much more though please? 

And which were those clubs?

How much has MM damaged our reputation? Quantify it if you find cold hard facts so imperative. 
Have you spoken to Wayne Rooney personally to get the actual fact as to why he chose Derby? Your posts are just your opinions yet you shoot others down because they aren’t ‘fact’. 
give it a rest, you make this forum more unpleasant than it needs to be. 

17 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

That's a very leading statement....which deserves to be expanded on if made in the first place.

I thought we had established that this is a forum where posters' opinions can be given as they wish (within the mods' rules). I think people may be, and often are, unclear, ambiguous, cryptic, leading, on the wind-up, off-subject, annoying, and random as well as providing razor- sharp footballing insights if they wish. Isn't that why we all sign up and enjoy it, especially at the moment?

19 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

I'm sure I don't need to go into our recent history as I'm certain that you're perfectly clued up on it - but I will say that the last few years of this club doesn't exactly scream to me that it is the hallmark of a well-run club.

EFL investigations. Escaping points deductions. Selling the stadium to ourselves to avoid breaching FFP rules. Spending wildly beyond our means. Hiring and firing however many managers it has now been. Player amortisation. Financial loopholes. 32Red deals involving players mysteriously wearing the number of our sponsors on the back of their shirt. Two transfer embargos. And now we can't afford to pay the players wages...again!

I disagree.  I think you should go into our recent history.

Oh... erm... thanks!

?

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Was it?

Well when he joined he said "we want to build on the club's top six finish in the championship last season" so, unless his objective was to reach the play offs but avoid promotion (some might suggest his team selection in the final was evidence of this ?) then, yes I would say Frank's objective was to get us promoted. I'd like to think any manager taking over a team that finished in the play offs the previous season has an objective of now getting the team promoted.

2 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

How much has MM damaged our reputation? Quantify it if you find cold hard facts so imperative. 
Have you spoken to Wayne Rooney personally to get the actual fact as to why he chose Derby? Your posts are just your opinions yet you shoot others down because they aren’t ‘fact’. 
give it a rest, you make this forum more unpleasant than it needs to be. 

My original point being that I was shot down in flames as you put it for being wrong not once but twice but this was progressed as fact rather then the OPs opinion. So trying to turn that round on me all serves to reinforce the point being made in the first place.

I'm not trying to make anything unpleasant as you put it but merely to debate football matters. I note with interest that I haven't received any bans, warnings or suspensions from this forum therefore the moderators must deem my behaviour and conduct appropriate by logic. 

If you don't like the points I'm trying to make or personally disagree with them then this however is a totally different kettle of fish.

I had intended to curtail my posts in this thread but your sanctimonious post could not go without response.

Anyway am sure we'll find something we agree on in the future at some point.

5 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I'm not trying to make anything unpleasant as you put it but merely to debate football matters. I note with interest that I haven't received any bans, warnings or suspensions from this forum therefore the moderators must deem my behaviour and conduct appropriate by logic. 

Pah! Shows that you're not trying hard enough! ? ?

42 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

My original point being that I was shot down in flames as you put it for being wrong not once but twice but this was progressed as fact rather then the OPs opinion. So trying to turn that round on me all serves to reinforce the point being made in the first place.

If you don't like the points I'm trying to make or personally disagree with them then this however is a totally different kettle of fish.

I had intended to curtail my posts in this thread but your sanctimonious post could not go without response.

Anyway am sure we'll find something we agree on in the future at some point.

Sanctimonious. Hmm I like that, it’s a new one. 
I’ll counter with a description of you - ‘negative’. That’s all I see from you and it’s a shame you seem to dig up whatever dirt you can to depress us. 

Just now, Ewe Ram said:

Sanctimonious. Hmm I like that, it’s a new one. 
I’ll counter with a description of you - ‘negative’. That’s all I see from you and it’s a shame you seem to dig up whatever dirt you can to depress us. 

I openly admit to being a glass half empty person which am sure doesn't take much figuring out anyway though you brandish the word negative as some kind of insult?

And as assuming you speak for the entire forum when you say that I dig up whatever dirt I can to depress "us". If I've offended your sensibilities that's one thing but to speak for the entire populous is quite inappropriate.

Anyway I'm only replying to your original post and don't wish to spend the entire day bickering with you or anyone else.

23 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

The club shouldn't be concerned about where our future fans lie it should be intensely preoccupied with curtailing the continued disinfranchisement of our current, local fanbase.

Very true but the it can do both at the same time.  Besides, they've got us no matter what.  Every bloody week I vow that I've had enough and I'm not doing it anymore, then ten minutes before kick off I'm there paying my tenner..

23 hours ago, europia said:

19 hours ago, Rampage said:

Wayne will get us promoted before he goes. His plan is to get us promoted. Back where we belong.

I'm a fan, but also a realist. Considering the dire state of the football club, it's just not going to happen. 

Archived