Jump to content

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, drgoodspeak said:

Yes I’m p1ssed and have just gone through the after action reports, but honestly, how surreal is it still to see Rooney as the manager of DCFC?

We know he’s only here for a short time, but fair play to Mel, he’s attracted big names and raised our profile far beyond anyone else in this league.

 

Rooney was attracted to the club by the Gods of wonga and 32Red let's be frank now. 

And Morris has raised our profile beyond any other club in the league but in a negative, detrimental way - circus and fiasco would be appropriate words currently.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Rooney was attracted to the club by the Gods of wonga and 32Red let's be frank now. 

And Morris has raised our profile beyond any other club in the league but in a negative, detrimental way - circus and fiasco would be appropriate words currently.

“And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me, no, nor women neither. Nor women neither.”

tumblr_3ef332ba533e63ab540abd05be395243_e84834f3_400.gif.f9d902b7af760216faef009a42c859d5.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Rooney was attracted to the club by the Gods of wonga and 32Red let's be frank now. 

And Morris has raised our profile beyond any other club in the league but in a negative, detrimental way - circus and fiasco would be appropriate words currently.

1. It wasn’t the money. WR was attracted by the opportunity Derby provided to seemlessly progress into management thanks to the pitch that MM provided. 
 

2. Wrong again. I suspect MM has been working tirelessly to got things done. We have a very well-run Club which will be once again competing at the top before too long. Events beyond our control have had an impact but these things will be sorted.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ellafella said:

1. It wasn’t the money. WR was attracted by the opportunity Derby provided to seemlessly progress into management thanks to the pitch that MM provided. 
 

2. Wrong again. I suspect MM has been working tirelessly to got things done. We have a very well-run Club which will be once again competing at the top before too long. Events beyond our control have had an impact but these things will be sorted.

In a forum where everything is about opinions how are you able to categorically assert your opinion as fact? As you are asserting that I am wrong so by definition your take on the subject is that therefore your opinion, and it is that, is 100% factually correct?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tyler Durden said:

In a forum where everything is about opinions how are you able to categorically assert your opinion as fact? As you are asserting that I am wrong so by definition your take on the subject is that therefore your opinion, and it is that, is 100% factually correct?

Are you Lawrence Logic from Viz?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Are you Lawrence Logic from Viz?

No I just don't like being told I'm wrong when you clearly are unable to support your statement with hard facts.

If that's your opinion then fine but it doesn't make my opinion any less valid than yours if you are unable to substantiate your argument with facts and evidence. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

No I just don't like being told I'm wrong when you clearly are unable to support your statement with hard facts.

If that's your opinion then fine but it doesn't make my opinion any less valid than yours if you are unable to substantiate your argument with facts and evidence. 

Rooney said when he signed that other teams approached him and offered him more money. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Ten pounds a year more? One hundred? Do we know how much? 

From memory he said clubs offered him a lot more money to join them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t think it’s that surreal myself. It was when he first started for us as a player, considering what he’d achieved in the game on the pitch. But that’s largely irrelevant now he’s a manager. Apart from the obvious sponsorship and profile benefits, he’s just the same as any other rookie manager.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rynny said:

Hang on, I'll drop Wayne a message and ask him. 

Steve Harvey Reaction GIF

You've just underlined my point that it's impossible to validate therefore improper to progress as hard fact and therefore say I was wrong. Don't mind debating opinions but supported by hard facts if someone is going to venture that statement.

As an observation how many people in their career history have sat in front of an interviewer or panel and said I would love to join your company as it offers great career progression, is the best company to work for yada yada whilst eyeing the 20% salary uplift available.

I've not come across many if any candidates I've interviewed who have been crass enough to venture when asked why they want to join my company with because I'm going to get a load more money.

So peoples true motivates are not always shared for public consumption. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tyler Durden said:

You've just underlined my point that it's impossible to validate therefore improper to progress as hard fact and therefore say I was wrong. Don't mind debating opinions but supported by hard facts if someone is going to venture that statement.

As an observation how many people in their career history have sat in front of an interviewer or panel and said I would love to join your company as it offers great career progression, is the best company to work for yada yada whilst eyeing the 20% salary uplift available.

I've not come across many if any candidates I've interviewed who have been crass enough to venture when asked why they want to join my company with because I'm going to get a load more money.

So peoples true motivates are not always shared for public consumption. 

You believe that Rooney has been lying to everyone, on more than one occasion, that he was wanted by other clubs and offered more money. And I'll take him at face value.

thumbs GIF

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rynny said:

You believe that Rooney has been lying to everyone, on more than one occasion, that he was wanted by other clubs and offered more money. And I'll take him at face value.

thumbs GIF

I didn't say that so don't put words into my mouth. I made a generalisation and you've twisted it for your own ends.

And the second point of the original post is conveniently being ignored too which I was wrong on as well, I don't see any other Championship clubs apart from the Wendies having to sell their own stadium to circumnavigate FFP rules so that to me does not smack of being a well run club. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

No I just don't like being told I'm wrong when you clearly are unable to support your statement with hard facts.

If that's your opinion then fine but it doesn't make my opinion any less valid than yours if you are unable to substantiate your argument with facts and evidence. 

Where’s your evidence for your opinion?

I didn’t say your opinion is less valid than mine - you did.

I also believe you are being hugely disrespectful to Mel Morris who is the architect of a great many of the very positive things about Derby County. I wince when I read statements like yours and wonder what MM must think when he is so unjustafiably berated on here. Don’t confuse gutter press hyperbole for facts. The reality is far more complex.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ellafella said:

Where’s your evidence for your opinion?

I didn’t say your opinion is less valid than mine - you did.

I also believe you are being hugely disrespectful to Mel Morris who is the architect of a great many of the very positive things about Derby County. I wince when I read statements like yours and wonder what MM must think when he is so unjustafiably berated on here. Don’t confuse gutter press hyperbole for facts. The reality is far more complex.

I was waiting for that. You've asserted that I'm wrong but you are unable to progress that statement with hard facts. You made the assertion in the first place, not me.

And don't then try and muddy the waters by then saying I'm being disrespectful, it's obvious that my statement irked you hence your reply which is a totally separate matter.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.