Surreal

drgoodspeak

6 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I was waiting for that. You've asserted that I'm wrong but you are unable to progress that statement with hard facts. You made the assertion in the first place, not me.

And don't then try and muddy the waters by then saying I'm being disrespectful, it's obvious that my statement irked you hence your reply which is a totally separate matter.

Time will tell. None of your statements irked me. When the penny drops you’ll understand what I mean. Your just not there yet. I’ll just leave you to reflect on that. 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

No I just don't like being told I'm wrong when you clearly are unable to support your statement with hard facts.

If that's your opinion then fine but it doesn't make my opinion any less valid than yours if you are unable to substantiate your argument with facts and evidence. 

So you're guessing as well then?

2 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Time will tell. None of your statements irked me. When the penny drops you’ll understand what I mean. Your just not there yet. I’ll just leave you to reflect on that. 

I've nothing to reflect on. Apart from posters making unsubstantiated remarks whom I need to stop engaging with which is something I need to stop reacting to. And petty personal insults.

2 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

So you're guessing as well then?

You can't say someone is wrong then but then are unable (or unwilling) to back up or prove that with facts from your side. 

As I said earlier this is a forum about opinions but don't go round saying someone is wrong when it's an opinion but is being progressed as a fact. 

8 hours ago, drgoodspeak said:

Yes I’m p1ssed and have just gone through the after action reports, but honestly, how surreal is it still to see Rooney as the manager of DCFC?

We know he’s only here for a short time, but fair play to Mel, he’s attracted big names and raised our profile far beyond anyone else in this league.

First of all to confess, by and large I am a Mel supporter but I do recognise he has made quite a few mistakes in his time as owner. 

Yes, he has raised the profile of the club (Lampard and Rooney in particular) but you can hardly describe it as an unmitigated success. A lot of the attention has been unwelcome and, whilst it’s easy with the benefit of hindsight, maybe we would have been better with a lower profile manager, two and a half years ago, who might still be around and have built a more competitive team. As I say though, easy with hindsight.

19 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I didn't say that so don't put words into my mouth. I made a generalisation and you've twisted it for your own ends.

You said the Rooney was attracted here by the money, I've said others offered him more money, you wanted evidence, I quoted Rooney saying that, you wanted specifics stating and that people lie in interviews, how can I come to any other conclusion that you don't think Rooney was telling the truth? 

23 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

And the second point of the original post is conveniently being ignored too which I was wrong on as well, I don't see any other Championship clubs apart from the Wendies having to sell their own stadium to circumnavigate FFP rules so that to me does not smack of being a well run club. 

Reading and Villa also sold their stadium at the same time to pass FFP. 

3 minutes ago, rynny said:

Reading and Villa also sold their stadium at the same time to pass FFP. 

Would you call being well run having a revolving door of managers, having to sell, your ground to avoid FFP, having two ET decisions for employees go against you for unfair dismissal, not being able to pay your players wages, engaging with a questionable businessman to sell the club twhom already has been proved not to put their money with their mouth is a well run business?

That's my opinion but whether I am right or wrong in my opinion is not for someone else to say.

28 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I was waiting for that. You've asserted that I'm wrong but you are unable to progress that statement with hard facts. You made the assertion in the first place, not me.

And don't then try and muddy the waters by then saying I'm being disrespectful, it's obvious that my statement irked you hence your reply which is a totally separate matter.

I think your statement is spot on regarding a well managed club who fiddle the books by selling the ground to the owners other company ?

Mel had good intentions, but it’s back fired miserably. 

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Well this is another great thread from @Tyler Durden - misery loves company!

Mel is like the Curates egg, good in parts.

Perhaps you could switch sides, play Devil's advocate and remind us of the potential for good things that Wayne Rooney could bring to this club? ? #COYR

Like what? Tempting Chris Martin back? ?????

I genuinely hope that WR establishes his managerial credentials. The first baby steps are good. He has reprogrammed the team to stop the negative passing and has achieved a fantastic defensive record. He discovered a hidden gem hidden in plain sight in CKR. Results have improved.

he sullied his reputation by being poor as a player; by seeming to have a guaranteed place in the team; by showing a poor attitude on the pitch and by seeming to be disloyal to cocu. now he has stopped playing that addresses items 1 to 3 and item 4 is already of little concern because by the end Phillip had little or no credibility left.

I genuinely couldn’t care less if he was THE Wayne Rooney or a bloke who came from non-league. What Wayne Rooney achieved as a player for Manchester United is totally and utterly irrelevant. All that matters is what this person achieves as manager of Derby. Anyone who takes Derby on in the current circumstances deserves some respect because the club is in such a state. He faces a much tougher job than Frank. He will not have the financial support or the benefit of his own hand-picked coaching team around him.

I like the fact that he is quite dour. He is not bouncing around. He isn’t talking gibberish like some people close to him. I really hope he becomes a Harry Storer type of manager who dispenses pithy home truths and simple advice.

i am not sure that we can hold onto any decent manager in the current circumstances. Especially if we start selling the Crown Jewels. How are we going to support him? What are his plans? How are we going to re-establish ourselves as a top team in this division. We know very little about his assessment or his plans. And those tame interviews with Colin Gibson are unlikely to shed much light on the matter. So he can only be judged on events and results and that’s fine.

It means that the whole Wayne Rooney circus counts for nothing, which is probably just how he would like it.

6 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I don't remember slinging any petty personal insults about if you can enlighten me please 

I didn't write that you did @Tyler Durden. I never resort to personal insults - it's wrong to do so. But I will say if I disagree and believe somebody is wrong; We all have our views and opinions and I'm very mindful that there is, to paraphrase Freud, no such things as reality. "We don't see things as they are - we see things as we are". Our Club is in transition and it seems messy right now but if you weigh up the positives, we are starting to emerge from a strong base that has been put in place in the last 3-4 months, on top of a stronger base that MM has put down over a few years. The bigger picture will emerge more fully over the coming weeks and all of the hard work will pay longer term dividends. Minor variations occur and will cloud the immediate picture but many things are beginning to align which will launch a far brighter outcome. 

38 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Well this is another great thread from @Tyler Durden - misery loves company!

Mel is like the Curates egg, good in parts.

Perhaps you could switch sides, play Devil's advocate and remind us of the potential for good things that Wayne Rooney could bring to this club? ? #COYR

I've resisted temptation to start a thread of my own as then that would probably be absolutely OTT.

Anyway yes Rooney is doing well and I cant argue with the fact that another poster said we would be 6th if the start of the season was when Rooney took over. 

I just have my own opinion about Morris as you can tell and it is diametrically opposed to some other posters opinions so we are indeed entrenched is the best word. 

Three years ago we were managed by Gary Rowett - three years ago!  The change in our profile has been little short of bonkers  since then and I reckon, from a long term business perspective, it has been an inspired strategy.  Sure we are skint right now and everyone hates us... but.

The people who hate us are fans of other clubs who, from a commercial sense are never going to buy a shirt, get a Rams TV subscription or in any way contribute to our bottom line.  Our future fans are in the far East, the US and anywhere else where Wayne Rooney may very well be one of the few English names they know.  We may be a circus right now, but everyone loves a circus and I can't see the constant media attention doing us any harm at all globally. 

If we could only get that nice Mr Beckham involved somehow.

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

I just have my own opinion about Morris as you can tell and it is diametrically opposed to some other posters opinions so we are indeed entrenched is the best word. 

In the end it is what it is - too late to change the past. ? I'm trying to see the good in what Mel has done, the same as with all things Derby. It's when they switch to being worse going forward that I then switch. Things can still be good with Morris, but there's nowt we can do currently anyway - can't even stay behind after the game and have a protest! Maybe Rooney can re-fire Mel's love for the club?#COYR

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

In the end it is what it is - too late to change the past. ? I'm trying to see the good in what Mel has done, the same as with all things Derby. It's when they switch to being worse going forward that I then switch. Things can still be good with Morris, but there's nowt we can do currently anyway - can't even stay behind after the game and have a protest! Maybe Rooney can re-fire Mel's love for the club?#COYR

Yes you're right I just find it hard to swallow sometimes total blinkered misguided loyalty to someone in general - not directed at anyone on here per se and is my own personal failing. 

Archived