Derby@QPR, Saturday 15.00 hrs.

Rev

Away day in London, will we make ex Forest boss Warburton toast, or will we turn in a stale performance?

Will our players have been paid their crust, if so will we rise to the occasion, and is the yeast we can expect a point?

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Rev said:

Away day in London, will we make ex Forest boss Warburton toast, or will we turn in a stale performance?

Will our players have been paid their crust, if so will we rise to the occasion, and is the yeast we can expect a point?

Could do with Steve Bloomer for this one. With a slice of luck we'll probably cope without him dough. 

No need to make many changes after that performance:

Roos

Evans Wisdom Clarke

Byrne Shinnie Bielik Buchanan 

Mitchell-Lawson Kazim-Richards Knight

Jozwiak just isn’t showing enough in the final third for me at the moment. We need more goal threat. Don’t know whether Mitchell-Lawson can provide it, but it might be worth a go over trying Waghorn again.

16 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I take it I’ve missed all our goals from open play then. Just an opinion mate. I get what he offers when he picks the ball up deeper, but we need more goals in the front three when we play this system.

To me, he is our most threatening player. As soon as he receives the ball, he is surrounded by opposing defenders.

To score more goals in open play, we need more options. We certainly don't need to leave out the one creative player that we have got.

By having alternative attacking players to supplement Jozwiak, whether that's Sibley, Lawrence, Ibe or A.N. Other, it will reduce the attention the opponents can place on Jozwiak and we will create more.

10 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

To me, he is our most threatening player. As soon as he receives the ball, he is surrounded by opposing defenders.

To score more goals in open play, we need more options. We certainly don't need to leave out the one creative player that we have got.

By having alternative attacking players to supplement Jozwiak, whether that's Sibley, Lawrence, Ibe or A.N. Other, it will reduce the attention the opponents can place on Jozwiak and we will create more.

I think he seems threatening because of his pace and skill on the ball, but I’ve yet to see him create that many clear cut chances. He has the potential to, but he’s not delivering just yet in my view. I agree on needing more attacking options, and I’d like to switch to a 4–3-3 with two proper attacking mids to get those extra options. But if we’re sticking with 3-4-3, the goal threat has to come from those 3 up top. Having another striker who can score goals regularly would help us well, whichever formation we’re playing.

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

I think he seems threatening because of his pace and skill on the ball, but I’ve yet to see him create that many clear cut chances. He has the potential to, but he’s not delivering just yet in my view. I agree on needing more attacking options, and I’d like to switch to a 4–3-3 with two proper attacking mids to get those extra options. But if we’re sticking with 3-4-3, the goal threat has to come from those 3 up top. Having another striker who can score goals regularly would help us well, whichever formation we’re playing.

Personally, I prefer 4-3-3 myself, however, that said, I think 3-4-3 suits the players that we have available.

In terms of creating chances, Byrne and Buchanan are two very good attacking wingbacks with the energy to get back and defend.

Anyway, my reaction to your original post is because, IMHO, the answer to not creating or scoring enough is NOT to leave out the most skillful, attacking, creative player.

(BTW I feel we are now creating chances, just not taking them)

18 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Are you ok?

Come on, he was carrying on the bread jokes that Rev started. You know Bread don’t you? It was a sitcom about unemployment and dishonesty in some City in the north west of England. 

I can see your point of view he does seem to offer a lot without actually delivering, whether that’s him or the quality of players around him I’m not sure. He’s finally a proper winger who actually wants to play on the wing we’ve had far too many out their that want to play done the middle. For me if his final delivery or shooting needs to improver, other wise I love his work rate and his willingness to go past a man. 
I think with a little more quality around him in the final third he will come good. 

20 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

11 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Personally, I prefer 4-3-3 myself, however, that said, I think 3-4-3 suits the players that we have available.

In terms of creating chances, Byrne and Buchanan are two very good attacking wingbacks with the energy to get back and defend.

Anyway, my reaction to your original post is because, IMHO, the answer to not creating or scoring enough is NOT to leave out the most skillful, attacking, creative player.

(BTW I feel we are now creating chances, just not taking them)

Last word on this then I'm going to bed.....

Earlier today, someone posted the YouTube highlights of a 6-0 demolition of Man City.

McMinn and Micklewhite wide, providing the service for Goddard and Saunders up front. Hebberd bursting through midfield. Williams holding.

Wouldn't it be great to go 4-4-2?

Jozwiak one side, someone else the other (Ibe, Lawrence?) with two quality, mobile forwards (CKR, Stretton, Duncan, Marriott?)? Knight as the forward running midfielder, Bielik holding.

Marvellous.

Just now, IslandExile said:

Last word on this then I'm going to bed.....

Earlier today, someone posted the YouTube highlights of a 6-0 demolition of Man City.

McMinn and Micklewhite wide, providing the service for Goddard and Saunders up front. Hebberd bursting through midfield. Williams holding.

Wouldn't it be great to go 4-4-2?

Jozwiak one side, someone else the other (Ibe, Lawrence?) with two quality, mobile forwards (CKR, Stretton, Duncan, Marriott?)? Knight as the forward running midfielder, Bielik holding.

Marvellous.

That would be me. Full backs as defenders and wingers as wingers and midfielders who can both defend and attack .  Crazy man. 

6 minutes ago, Eargasm said:

Sorry I'm just happy after the win tonight, I had no idea I had to be sensible !..... back to lurking for me !  lol ! 

Stick around, and prove your worth!

Donut let others stop you mixing on here.

1 hour ago, Eargasm said:

After tonight's fabulous performance we really knead a win on Saturday, they're just a bunch of inbreds anyway, hopefully another rise in performance from the team, after the Rotherham effort we all deserve butter ! 

Already it is yeasterday, we rose to the occasion. Not just froth and bubbles. Most players were chilled. A head and shoulders better than  Bournemouth. Good three pints.

Archived