Derby@QPR, Saturday 15.00 hrs.

Rev

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Malcolm Brooks said:

Joz is one our best players, cannot understand these commments

Being one of our best players doesn't make you immune from criticism. This is the championship - players like Joswiak are good players, but if they were perfect players they would be in the Premier league. Maybe you should look at the combined goals and assists for our front three this season - it will probably help you to understand the comments.

I'd go with this:

Roos
Wisdom, Evans, Clarke
Byrne, Bielik, Shinnie, Buchanan
Knight
Kazim, Stretton

We looked pretty solid in the last game, so minimal change. Roos deserves to keep his place, as does Evans. Stretton in for Jozwiak to try and provide something different up front... yes, we look solid, but we're still not creating/taking enough chances. I've been fairly impressed with Stretton when he's been brought on and it'd be nice to see what he could do with longer on the pitch rather than just the last 5 minutes.

Despite having a few good away days recently, QPR haven't won at home in a long time (3-2 v Rotherham on 24/11/20). Lets keep that run going! COYR ?

9 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

I'd go with this:

Roos
Wisdom, Evans, Clarke
Byrne, Bielik, Shinnie, Buchanan
Knight
Kazim, Stretton

We looked pretty solid in the last game, so minimal change. Roos deserves to keep his place, as does Evans. Stretton in for Jozwiak to try and provide something different up front... yes, we look solid, but we're still not creating/taking enough chances. I've been fairly impressed with Stretton when he's been brought on and it'd be nice to see what he could do with longer on the pitch rather than just the last 5 minutes.

Despite having a few good away days recently, QPR haven't won at home in a long time (3-2 v Rotherham on 24/11/20). Lets keep that run going! COYR ?

Stretton has been injured for several weeks, so can't see him starting even if he was match fit. Agree that he looks a promising prospect for the future.

3 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Need a result today, not because it’s a desperate must win but because the virtual/social media atmosphere is toxic around the club right now, a defeat and people will be out saying we’re doomed. That’s not a criticism of anyone, I get it, what is happening off the field is doing everyone’s head in. With the exception of Rotherham the only positive is the performances on the pitch.

Personally I think we should revert back to 4–3-3, similar to Birmingham and Sheff Weds with Sibley coming back in. I thought Wisdom was poor on Tuesday so I would keep Evans in who had a good game. I’m assuming Marshall is still out, if he’s fit I would bring him back for Roos.

Roos

Byrne        Evans       Clarke    Buchanan     

Knight      Bielik    Shinnie

Jozwiak   CKR     Sibley

It's exactly my team, but Rooney seems to like Wisdom and not to like Sibley ?

Lucky sun in the sky today. We managed to beat Birmingham 3-1 with this ref.

I'm sat in a different end for this one in my lucky Sunhouse Crazy On The Weekend T-Shirt.

I can feel all your love for the club amongst the chaos. C'mon Mr Evans I believe in you and the lads.

Hit them hard like a Hurricane.

Austin played 1, scored 1 so far. Will have to see if we can shut him out. 

No point changing the team for the sake of it, we've tried most of our other options and know what they bring. A team with Sibley in would seem to have greater goal threat than one without though. 

Will be interesting too see if we stick with the same team, given that Rooney spoke after Bournemouth about how the new formation was designed specifically to counter Bournemouth. 

I wouldn't mind seeing Waghorn reintroduced in some capacity. Although criticising CKR is sacrilege on here, I think Waghorn down the middle instead might add a bit of much needed dynamism up front.  

I think QPR have been playing 2 up top (Dykes and Austin) with a wing back system recently, so I wonder if we'll stick with the 343 again?

I though our back 4 struggled at times when Rotherham played a similar set up last week and we seemed much more solid against Bournemouth in the week

Archived