v Birmingham (A) - Matchday Thread

Comrade 86

53 minutes ago, jono said:

What a great evening. Nephew gave me his sky go log in so I got a freebie. Wife and live in 17 year old niece,  retired to lounge to watch drag queens. I manfully started preparing dinner with just the game as my companion. Poor lonely fellow that I am.

Knight .. gets better and better. Bielik imperious. Joz is no fancy Dan, brave, knows when to release a ball. Sibbo all bristling and truculent. Fozzy really on it. Byrne and Clarke  =  consistency like Blackpool rock. Shinnie, stalwart and positive. Colin ? Inspirational granite. All of them. Great ! Tonight it clicked, the ball ran for us, the balance swung our way for a change.

when the 4th went in I danced into the living room singing a song and holding up four fingers. 

Niece looks bemused, wife explains ... Niece says .., “ does this mean we can have a puppy “ 

(she doesn’t understand P+S or FFP ) 

Bring it on, the Rooney revolution is underway. 

You took one for the team, Jono. We are all proud of you. The takeover people must think that they have hit gold in Rooney. No idea what players that we need to sign now. If we buy another striker we will have to drop King Kazim. That may not go down so well with our fans 

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Wow currently about 1,000 folk on this forum. "You only read and post when were winning"...........

Regarding the game, no Waghorn, no Lawrence and players with speed that can tackle, press, shoot, pass and hold the ball up and bingo.

And with us constantly improving in defence and Bielik and Shinnie moping up, it all bodes well.

And Harrington the ref hasn't received a call from the EFL yet.

Carry on regardless.

Lawrence and Waghorn will struggle to get Inthis team. Pity about Ibe disciplinary whatever. Let us hope it does not cause too much upset. I was was expecting him to come on as a sub. Sibley can keep two players tied up for 90 minutes with that amount.of energy.

1 hour ago, David said:

I can, and have, don't expect a reply. Don"t see anything wrong in highlighting the fact. Quite happy to share the one and only tweet I sent. A little bizarre given I have personally taken time to be supportive of Andy both privately and on this forum. 

Rooniola or Guardirooney.

3 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

he did very well today and for me a starter. But WHY can't he keep the ball down when he shoots ? Far more chance of scoring 

Nerves. Has scored enough crackers to know he can do it. When one goes in more will follow.

1 minute ago, kevinhectoring said:

he did very well today and for me a starter. But WHY can't he keep the ball down when he shoots ? Far more chance of scoring 

Given the bullish nature of his game I wonder if there is a kindred spirit in Rooney and maybe he will learn from Wazza?

it really is a skill that can be honed with the right coaching. Sibbo is young. He’ll get there I am sure.

31 minutes ago, Rampage said:

You took one for the team, Jono. We are all proud of you. The takeover people must think that they have hit gold in Rooney. No idea what players that we need to sign now. If we buy another striker we will have to drop King Kazim. That may not go down so well with our fans 

And if Kaz gets injured? Waghorn? ?

Prutton's prediction was 1-1:

Wayne Rooney's unbeaten start as interim Derby boss was ended by Preston at the weekend but with the way in which they've been performing, I think they might just grind out a point here. It could even be enough to move them out of the bottom three for the first time since October.

I'm glad we ground out a 4-0 win ?

Just now, superzak said:

We won a game against a very poor side...don't get carried away...Rooney ain't the messiah yet

I agree we are prone to extreme mood swings. For all that Cocu was ultimately vilified, he got us on a winning run... WWWWWW or something..... Then all the top teams turned up snd knocked the stuffing out of us....... 

10 minutes ago, superzak said:

We won a game against a very poor side...don't get carried away...Rooney ain't the messiah yet

You really don’t get this “being a fan malarkey” 

Its true, we did in thumping  style but a few days back we lost to a poor side. No one is getting carried away, but just about everyone is enjoying a sweet moment, relishing it, rolling it around in our respective gobs. It tastes nice, why not enjoy it ? 

11 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I agree we are prone to extreme mood swings. For all that Cocu was ultimately vilified, he got us on a winning run... WWWWWW or something..... Then all the top teams turned up snd knocked the stuffing out of us....... 

But dreaming of what might be is what it's all about! 

9 minutes ago, 1967Ram said:

I'm glad we ground out a 4-0 win ?

you're being ironic and of course it was an exhilarating score line.  But the reality is we were better against Preston (putting aside one tackle).  We're a top 6 team and for much of the second half today we looked no better than Birmingham.    

Good performance from our midfield, thought Wisdom still looked Keoghesque at times and likely to make a mistake. Great performances from Knight and Sibley, Jozwiak looked like he is the real deal and Clarke was as solid as ever. Got to admit I wasn’t keen on Rooney as the manager to take us forward but will hold my hands up and say that so far he’s done a great job. Just one thing wrong and that’s that we can’t get behind the lads at Pride Park as I’m sure we all want to.

2 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

But dreaming of what might be is what it's all about! 

We'll turn, we usually do. 

Wasn't it earlier this season that we couldn't wait for Lawrence and Waggy to return as they were the experienced players and we weren't getting anywhere with the kids. 

Now we're glad they're both out so we can play more of the kids as they're the future..... ??

22 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Just a point, many will notice, being the top teams don’t mean a lot this strange season. We’ve beat Norwich and drawn against Bournemouth both away. We’ve not a lot to fear, one defeat in 7, keep that consistency and we’ll be comfortable by season end.

7 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

We'll turn, we usually do. 

Wasn't it earlier this season that we couldn't wait for Lawrence and Waggy to return as they were the experienced players and we weren't getting anywhere with the kids. 

Now we're glad they're both out so we can play more of the kids as they're the future..... ??

Fair comment, but I'm going to enjoy the night and will worry about that stuff if and when I need to. We've had far too few nights like this recently so I'll focus on the future and not the past.

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Just gotta know when you're beat fella! In this case, there's no disgrace given the numerical superiority of the 'enemy' ? Strike a deal that said puppy can be supplied but at no time thereafter will you be coerced into dog-walking duties, save for at your own behest and that poop-scooping is a total no-no. Job's a good'un! 

We all know where this is going, and look forward to @jono's puppy pics in the animals thread.

As you say, the best he can hope for is new P&S rules, but in this case, it's pooping and scooping, not profit and sustainability.

The reason for optimism is because our last 8 games under Rooney  is W3 D4 L1 with 5 clean sheets, in that run we’ve had Stoke Brentford and Swansea all competing towards the top end of the league. We played Swansea off the park. 

A few weeks ago we couldn’t beat poor teams. Now we realise there are lots of teams in this league who are worst than us. We are in the position we’re in because of our disastrous start of the season, our current form over the past 8 games is completely different and would have us pushing the top 6. Yes we need to keep it going but I see no reason why we won’t. This run of 8 games had been no easier than the previous 8 games. Our improvement is not because we are playing poor teams, it is down to us improving - significantly.

We will be nowhere near relegation and comfortably mid table. But that will only be a “par” season, no one expects us to be in the bottom 3 and now we are showing why that’s the case.

Archived