v Birmingham (A) - Matchday Thread

Comrade 86

5 minutes ago, David said:

The only platform he hasn't block me on, just interested as to why thats all.

Seems harsh to me to make it public. I agree with @Rev.Could you not pm him? Your forum but if I was you I would remove the posts and drop him a pm. just my opinion of course. 

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Sith Happens said:

Seems harsh to me to make it public. I agree with @Rev.Could you not pm him? Your forum but if I was you I would remove the posts and drop him a pm. just my opinion of course. 

I can, and have, don't expect a reply. Don"t see anything wrong in highlighting the fact. Quite happy to share the one and only tweet I sent. A little bizarre given I have personally taken time to be supportive of Andy both privately and on this forum. 

58 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Outstanding result. Absolutely outstanding. To go to a relegation rival, managed by a notoriously defensive manager, and come away with a 4-0 win is simply superb. Couldn’t have gone any better. The attacking threat we showed was incredible, we looked like scoring with every attack, and could easily have had a couple more. Thoroughly deserved the result given the energy and desire we showed, to a man, out on that pitch. I needn’t have worried about our fitness levels, as they seem to have improved massively since Nicholson’s arrival. Showing so much more fight now. I’ve been against it, but I’m warming to Rooney as manager after that result and performance. We’ve needed goals, and we got exactly that tonight.

Good to see Wayne and Shane at the end of the game.

Good to see them smile and chat.

Good to see them probably appreciate our lads been fit.

Good to Wayne and Shane at the end of the game.

Good to see them smile and chat.

Good to see them probably appreciate our lads not been fat.

Good to see them appreciate each others work......... or something like that.

Inverurie Ram (The people's poet)

What a great evening. Nephew gave me his sky go log in so I got a freebie. Wife and live in 17 year old niece,  retired to lounge to watch drag queens. I manfully started preparing dinner with just the game as my companion. Poor lonely fellow that I am.

Knight .. gets better and better. Bielik imperious. Joz is no fancy Dan, brave, knows when to release a ball. Sibbo all bristling and truculent. Fozzy really on it. Byrne and Clarke  =  consistency like Blackpool rock. Shinnie, stalwart and positive. Colin ? Inspirational granite. All of them. Great ! Tonight it clicked, the ball ran for us, the balance swung our way for a change.

when the 4th went in I danced into the living room singing a song and holding up four fingers. 

Niece looks bemused, wife explains ... Niece says .., “ does this mean we can have a puppy “ 

(she doesn’t understand P+S or FFP ) 

Bring it on, the Rooney revolution is underway. 

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

What?! We controlled it for the full 90. Even after their 5 subs we still had the legs on them. Very impressive and a tad churlish by you my friend. 

It’s my opinion - that’s all - I don’t consider it churlish. I’m happy, thrilled even - but that was a game for the purists.

2 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Our shape becoming ragged. Mac3 descends to offer his advice. Subs incoming...

This is not a mac team , very different,, was against Rooney for the job and a lot of that was the way it’s all come about but also to be fair that’s probably more down to mel than Rooney and rosenior,mel placed them there under cocu and his coaches ,, that said I’m becoming more and more impressed with Rooney the more I see him handling the role and that includes being able to listen to those around him but be his own man, for me he’s showed enough to get a crack at the job

3 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Love it! ? Get her a puppy. Do it now!!!

She is a lovely kid with a very very smart mouth. We’ve got a dog and “they” want a companion for her. Since the Neice moved in I have been bombarded with an endless diet of  “cute” videos of puppies playing, shared Instagram posts of characterful pouches and a surfeit of “awww isn’t he sweet”  .. it’s tough, my soul is being invaded, it just doesn’t go away. I am outnumbered for real. 3 women and a female dog. I am seriously thinking of setting up my own just giving page 

34 minutes ago, David said:

I can, and have, don't expect a reply. Don"t see anything wrong in highlighting the fact. Quite happy to share the one and only tweet I sent. A little bizarre given I have personally taken time to be supportive of Andy both privately and on this forum.

Maybe he’s not having a great time.

give him some space. 

everyone knows he’s a top bloke.

2 minutes ago, Archied said:

This is not a mac team , very different,, was against Rooney for the job and a lot of that was the way it’s all come about but also to be fair that’s probably more down to mel than Rooney and rosenior,mel placed them there under cocu and his coaches ,, that said I’m becoming more and more impressed with Rooney the more I see him handling the role and that includes being able to listen to those around him but be his own man, for me he’s showed enough to get a crack at the job

Yes , Rooney in charge, the Leader but not too big to take advice from his coaches and getting the tactics right. Karanka reduced to a forlorn figure hunched up on the touch line writing memos to himself and hoping the ground would swallow him whole. Wazza nonchalantly looking on passively. 

Great result, great play with and without the ball, could have been more goals. 

Never looked in danger, roll on new year's day now, Wayne has got this lot working there balls off, also we play some great stuff at times, our 4th goal was excellent

My man of the Match Knight was everywhere again, also Bielik and Shinnie very good in the middle, also impressed with Jozwiak he works hard when not in possession , can take his man on, and play a ball. 

Think the next half of the season could be a joy to watch. 

Born in Acocks Green. Hated the smarmy, under achieiving, smug, knuckle dragging, intellectually challenged locals for half a century.

Time for a Christmas carol. methinks....

Good King Rooney’s lads ran out,

On a Tuesday evening,

When Bluenoses planned a rout,

But without believing,

Shinnie, Bielik, Jason Knight,

They all won their duels,

Comprehensive Derby might,

Nailed the Brummie Mules

Fair play to everyone involved at Derby County. I had written us off and had a pretty poor opinion of most of the squad including Rooney. However the fight and passion we’re showing at the moment is a fans dream. Add that we can now pass a ball 10 yards I’m starting to get that magical feeling again. Wayne deserves a proper crack at the job now. Long may it continue. 

14 minutes ago, jono said:

She is a lovely kid with a very very smart mouth. We’ve got a dog and “they” want a companion for her. Since the Neice moved in I have been bombarded with an endless diet of  “cute” videos of puppies playing, shared Instagram posts of characterful pouches and a surfeit of “awww isn’t he sweet”  .. it’s tough, my soul is being invaded, it just doesn’t go away. I am outnumbered for real. 3 women and a female dog. I am seriously thinking of setting up my own just giving page 

Just gotta know when you're beat fella! In this case, there's no disgrace given the numerical superiority of the 'enemy' ? Strike a deal that said puppy can be supplied but at no time thereafter will you be coerced into dog-walking duties, save for at your own behest and that poop-scooping is a total no-no. Job's a good'un! 

Laurel and Hardy

Morecambe and Wise

John Paul George and Ringo

Brian Clough and Peter Taylor

Wayne Rooney, Mac 3 etc

all so much better together than the sum of the parts.

Never mind this 'interim' rubbish!

Anyone watching Wayne at the end of tonight's game must concede that he is the best man for the job!

9 minutes ago, Stockport Ram said:

Born in Acocks Green. Hated the smarmy, under achieiving, smug, knuckle dragging, intellectually challenged locals for half a century.

Time for a Christmas carol. methinks....

Good King Rooney’s lads ran out,

On a Tuesday evening,

When Bluenoses planned a rout,

But without believing,

Shinnie, Bielik, Jason Knight,

They all won their duels,

Comprehensive Derby might,

Nailed the Brummie Mules

Greetings fellow Laureate!

Archived