New Manager

dantheram

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, ram1964 said:

Surely Eddie s objective of keeping  a team like Bournmouth in the top flight is his first objective? Progress is only achievable with the motivation of the owner and their willingness to finance the club.

Yep, he probably did well and had to work under some constraints, unsure. All positive with Howe really apart from  remembering Bournemouth putting out awful sides in all cups and barely doing anything which is a negative. 

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

Right, don't want to start a riot, but Benitez is now 9/4 on SkyBet!

His odds are now shorter than Rooney (11/4) and Terry (9/2)

Cooper (6/1), Allardyce (8/1) and Howe (9/1) following behind!

benitez GIF

I think im right in saying this... The Chinese league finishes in 2 weeks,  very coincidental

1 hour ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

Yep, he probably did well and had to work under some constraints, unsure. All positive with Howe really apart from  remembering Bournemouth putting out awful sides in all cups and barely doing anything which is a negative. 

I would say the owners probably had at least a small part to play in that. I know they did invest in the first team, but Bournemouth still don't own their own ground and they didn't invest in the training facilities. They have nothing to show after 5 years in the Prem and to me it just seems to be a money making operation for the owners rather than one looking for honours.

13 minutes ago, Retro_RAM said:

Favourite now, withholding my excitement but certainly something here. 

from earlier post:

Well you are right not to get excited by betting odds - they mean diddly squat. 

12 minutes ago, Retro_RAM said:

Favourite now, withholding my excitement but certainly something here. 

image.thumb.png.ddb7b65c6ec83b4c00bea859515a6bfc.png

from earlier post:

image.png

For saying we are bottom of the Championship that is some odds list!

1.CL Winner

2. England's leading goalscorer

3. Arguably one of England's finest CB's.

4. One of, if not the brightest up and coming coach in the English game.

5. Former England Manager.

6. The bloke who used to be the brightest up and coming coach in English football before Cooper!

Beggers literally can't be choosers off that lot.

1 minute ago, IronRam 140.6 said:

For saying we are bottom of the Championship that is some odds list!

1.CL Winner

2. England's leading goalscorer

3. Arguably one of England's finest CB's.

4. One of, if not the brightest up and coming coach in the English game.

5. Former England Manager.

6. The bloke who used to be the brightest up and coming coach in English football before Cooper!

Beggers literally can't be choosers off that lot.

A better description of number 5 would be Former England Piss Taker.

It's definitely not going to be Rafa Benitez lol.

He left Newcastle for a payday in China, he's definitely not going to go to a Championship team with a FFP wage restrictions. He only stayed at Newcastle during their relegation because he felt guilty that he couldn't keep them up and the fans begged him to.

5 minutes ago, Shang said:

He left Newcastle for a payday in China, he's definitely not going to go to a Championship team with a FFP wage restrictions. He only stayed at Newcastle during their relegation because he felt guilty that he couldn't keep them up and the fans begged him to.

Your just saying that because you don’t want to be disappointed. We all know you are secretly hoping it will be Rafa but its so outrageously unlikely you can’t voice it 

(well that’s what I’m thinking anyway ?)

16 minutes ago, Shang said:

He'd cost us £15m-£20m. Compensation, then at least a 4 year contract.  It's just too much.

Despite new owners, I don't think we'll be offering a contract longer than 2 and a half years. Why would we? If the manager does well, they'll get rewarded and the offer elsewhere would have to be once in a lifetime. 

I still reckon it'll be McClaren on a 2 and 1/2 year deal with Rooney assistant. 

22 minutes ago, Shang said:

He left Newcastle because Ashley wouldn’t sort his contract out

3 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

He'd cost us £15m-£20m. Compensation, then at least a 4 year contract.  It's just too much.

Despite new owners, I don't think we'll be offering a contract longer than 2 and a half years. Why would we? If the manager does well, they'll get rewarded and the offer elsewhere would have to be once in a lifetime. 

I still reckon it'll be McClaren on a 2 and 1/2 year deal with Rooney assistant. 

His release clause is apparently just over £20mill. Khaled does have contacts with Chinese investors though based on his previous bids for Newcastle and Liverpool, so you never know (as unlikely as it is) he might be able to pull a few strings here and there to make something happen.

Archived