New Manager

dantheram

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Eddie Howe the “likeliest name”, according to James Nursey... 

He's not exactly putting his name to Howe based on his own 'inside' information, just what he is hearing - which means little or nothing if all he does is trawl forums and the vipers' nest that's Twitter.

Sadly this is what journalism has sunk to.

25 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Put a fresh pair of knickers on and calm down. The players we have are significantly better than relegation material. With a change of manager and fresh ideas will sprint up the table and away from bottom 3. In terms of ability, we aren't that far off where we were last season - where we were top 6 material for the second half of the season.

The likes of Wycombe and Coventry are in a relegation battle as their squads are weaker (and smaller) than most. Rotherham and Barnsley will battle it out for the final spot. If we're within a couple points of bottom 3 by the half way point I may start to be concerned. Nothing to worry about for now.

Your deluded tbh. 

20 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Out of interest @i-Ramhave you got a preferred candidate in mind for the job? 

Earlier today I posted: I like Adkins, very underrated performer and a good man manager I understand. I am interested by Steve Cooper’s credentials, and he has done a good job to date at Swansea following in the footsteps of Potter. Both of those would have us playing attractive football, giving youth every opportunity to flourish. Still pretty sure it will be Rooney though (or perhaps JT). I would be ‘ok’ with either even though I don’t like either of them particularly. Rooney (perhaps unfairly) I think could have done a lot more on the field, and in the press, to support Cocu. JT has an arrogance to him, and a chequered past but I am far from convinced he is the racist people want to paint him. However, both those guys have proven themselves on the football field, they are winners, they have contacts, they have had multiple experiences of top managers, and they will have a hunger to succeed again in the world of Management. With good number twos, which both would surely bring with them, they will do well I am sure. I just hope both will be mandated with ensuring the work done by Cocu is continued with regards to keeping the Academy pathway open to the first team as we have some very exciting talents in our ranks.

Update. I am happy to be surprised by somebody left field, but would hate someone like Allardyce or Pardew, and in truth would die a little if McClaren came back for a third go.

I dont  think football is played on paper, especially at this level where its all fine margins. If we don't get out the rut we are stuffed, we might be able to do it don't get me wrong but I'm taking nothing for granted  at this point. I used to be the over optimistic type and that only led to disappointment and looking stupid, I'm not expecting anything because then you can't go wrong. We could win alot of games but equally a new manager could make us worth if they don't sort things out fairly quickly. Hopefully it's an astute appointment like Cook. 

34 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

...and in truth would die a little if McClaren came back for a third go.

Seriously?!

It might not be a good idea, and not everyone's cup of tea, but is such a drama llama reaction necessary when you see some of the other names being bandied about!

I've mentioned a few names before, but really they would change depending on who the new owners 'really' are. Paul Cook for me for a sensible choice with decent stats and style. But tbh if Rooney was interested this season and bought in an experienced assistant then he's my choice.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Seriously?!

It might not be a good idea, and not everyone's cup of tea, but is such a drama llama reaction necessary when you see some of the other names being bandied about!

I've mentioned a few names before, but really they would change depending on who the new owners 'really' are. Paul Cook for me for a sensible choice with decent stats and style. But tbh if Rooney was interested this season and bought in an experienced assistant then he's my choice.

Just as long as that experience doesn't have the initials JG and likes purple ?

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Seriously?!

I've mentioned a few names before, but really they would change depending on who the new 'really' are. Paul Cook for me for a sensible choice with decent stats and style. But tbh if Rooney was interested this season and bought in an experienced assistant then he's my choice.

sorry for being so fabulous GIF

I think Mac would just be so divisive with the fanbase. He hasn’t really achieved much since Twente, but I do accept he and his team gave us an exciting 15 month ride first time round. Lot of talk that he would give us an instant boost, but any manager worth their salt should be able to do that. I am unsure about Cook. I know his record which is quite impressive, but something nags me about him without me really knowing what it is ?

1 hour ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

I hope Paul Cook can come here, winning football league titles and doing a great job last season with Wigan all things considering. 
Terry would be an interesting choice, top level football experience, maybe defensive minded?

Eddie Howe did a very good job with Bournemouth but seemed like the plan was to keep them in Premier League at all costs, not progress, field very weak teams in cups. 
Rooney, unsure if he is also playing as well. Advantage is he knows this current team. Wouldn’t be my first choice but let’s support whoever is picked. 

Surely Eddie s objective of keeping  a team like Bournmouth in the top flight is his first objective? Progress is only achievable with the motivation of the owner and their willingness to finance the club.

Archived