New Manager

dantheram

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

You know I watched the game. I was asked by an elderly gentleman at half time how I thought the game would go second half and I said I think we will lose 1-0 to a late goal. I wasn't being classless then, I'm not being classless now. I just think quite a few folk on here and thousands of Derby fans believe Steve McClaren is greater than he actually is and the same folk would not paint the same picture of any of the other Managers we have had since, if they achieved the same as what he did that season.

Funny how in certain games it's the players fault but in other games it's the managers fault, funny old game is football.

Steve McClaren bought about 20000 fans back from the brink of finding a new hobby! He turned a boring team of decent hardworking players into a thrilling team of entertainers. If you don't understand why folk on here love him, I pity you. He then repeated it by taking a Pearson team of underperformers up into flirting with the play-offs before being dumped in favour of a boring snake.

21 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

No. Please no.

In one of my favourite TV programmes, Cheers, the Coach would break bad news to Sam by first telling him a lie about something worse happening, like his apartment burning down. That way, the real bad news wouldn't appear so bad after all.

I am hoping this is just something similar.....

"John Gregory is coming back".

No, no, no.

"Ok, no he isn't. John Terry is the new manager".

Ok, we'll take it. Anything other than Gregory. 

Didn't Mel go on Talksport just a few weeks back to specifically dismiss the Rooney/Gregory rumours? I'm pretty sure his words were something along the lines of "there's fake news and then there's this." I can't see him taking that hard of a stance if there was even a slither of a possibility that it could happen.

Just now, Shadowplay said:

Don’t get the connection between Rooney and Gregory. When have their paths ever crossed?

I just can’t see those two personalities working together.

They have the same agent. He's probably the one who's put the story out.

Archived