Great time to be a supporter.

24Charlie

I’m 55 and old enough to remember the league titles and European nights. But that’s not all I remember. 
I remember getting beat 3 nil at Carlisle watching the game in the rain on an uncovered terrace, I remember us taking 10,000 to Notts County in Div 3 too.

I remember Pat Van de Lann making it 2-1 v Palace and Bobby effing Zamora.

There’s loads of ups and downs being a Ram. Can you imagine following Tottenham or Everton who just stay in the top league with none of the drama. Where’s the fun in that?

We are in a small group of clubs who can eat at the top table as well as slum it in the lower leagues. Each season is different and creates its own drama and intrigue.

This season,  in my opinion, is one of the best in a long time for sheer interest alone.

There is so much going on. So many outcomes are possible.

The rants the raves the dismay the tantalising takeover etc...

I can’t take my eyes off it for a minute.

I’ll look back in years to come and remember the COVID season (provided I’m fortunate enough to survive). 
But what will the outcome be?

Great time to be a Ram. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

I’m 55 and old enough to remember the league titles and European nights. But that’s not all I remember. 
I remember getting beat 3 nil at Carlisle watching the game in the rain on an uncovered terrace, I remember us taking 10,000 to Notts County in Div 3 too.

There’s loads of ups and downs being a Ram. Can you imagine following Tottenham or Everton who just stay in the top league with none of the drama. Where’s the fun in that?

We are in a small group of clubs who can eat at the top table as well as slum it in the lower leagues. Each season is different and creates its own drama and intrigue.

This season,  in my opinion, is one of the best in a long time for sheer interest alone.

I’ll look back in years to come and remember the COVID season (provided I’m fortunate enough to survive). 

Great time to be a Ram. 

Agreed.

Screenshot 2020-11-27 at 17.54.13.png

@24Charlie - I think while it is very difficult to see a positive when we are in the middle of such a poor run, we all know when we hopefully look back at in in different times, we will laugh and joke about it, and wear it like a badge of pride.

Were we more resilient back in the 80s? I think not, but we didn't have such a public and immediate way to express our frustrations as we do today on the internet. The uncertainty isn't helping. As I flick across the threads, I don't think anyone can really work out who the actual villains are. 

4 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

Great time to be a Ram. 

It’s a funny old world isn’t it. I started my football fandom going to the theatre of dreams with my Granddad in the 1970’s .. on their way back up from the old 2nd division .. I reckon my early experience of live football at a home stadium encompassed something like  an 85% win rate .. god it was amazing ... but after moving to Derby in the 90’s ( a wise choice of city ?

I bless the day I gave up the cigs in 2014 and my wife told me to “reward”myself with a season ticket to DCFC ... these last 6 years as a full time Ram have been wonderful. Triumph and disaster, belonging to real football where there is all the desire and dreams. The joy, the misery the camaraderie. Expectation doesn’t  really exist except in a grumpy deluded few 

what is there in skip loads, is that wonderful emotion hope. A win is something to be held close to your chest and relished like your first snog .. woaaah .. we did it and the lord sayeth it was good.

I’ll hate it we go down, but I’ll still be here and if we have a mad run after new year I’ll be hoping for the play offs or plotting for next season, chewing the cud, exchanging insults and insights on here. This level of football is life in a bottle. 

20 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

Great time to be a Ram. 

love the optimism. Bottom of the league and being banned from stadiums doesn't appeal to me though. 

8 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

It’s certainly never dull.

But the football is dog shiiite.

4 minutes ago, angieram said:

@24Charlie - I think while it is very difficult to see a positive when we are in the middle of such a poor run, we all know when we hopefully look back at in in different times, we will laugh and joke about it, and wear it like a badge of pride.

Were we more resilient back in the 80s? I think not, but we didn't have such a public and immediate way to express our frustrations as we do today on the internet. The uncertainty isn't helping. As I flick across the threads, I don't think anyone can really work out who the actual villains are. 

I know all that. The other threads have the trials and tribulations well covered. My point is how interesting it is be involved as a fan right now. 

3 minutes ago, jono said:

It’s a funny old world isn’t it. I started my football fandom going to the theatre of dreams with my Granddad in the 1970’s .. on their way back up from the old 2nd division .. I reckon my early experience of live football at a home stadium encompassed something like  an 85% win rate .. god it was amazing ... but after moving to Derby in the 90’s ( a wise choice of city ?

I bless the day I gave up the cigs in 2014 and my wife told me to “reward”myself with a season ticket to DCFC ... these last 6 years as a full time Ram have been wonderful. Triumph and disaster, belonging to real football where there is all the desire and dreams. The joy, the misery the camaraderie. Expectation doesn’t  really exist except in a grumpy deluded few 

what is there in skip loads, is that wonderful emotion hope. A win is something to be held close to your chest and relished like your first snog .. woaaah .. we did it and the lord sayeth it was good.

I’ll hate it we go down, but I’ll still be here and if we have a mad run after new year I’ll be hoping for the play offs or plotting for next season, chewing the cud, exchanging insults and insights on here. This level of football is life in a bottle. 

You absolutely get my point 100%

Archived