Great time to be a supporter.

24Charlie

1 minute ago, TexasRam said:

Never understood that tweet, were 6 points adrift from safety bottom of the league, -15 GD don’t look like scoring a goal ever. What does he think ppl would be talking up, playoffs? I know his brother plays for us and has been one of the better ones to be fair, but daft tweet imo. 

Multiply the negativity on here by 10 and you’re around the level it is on Twitter, his tweet is probably based on what he has seen on there. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, David said:

Multiply the negativity on here by 10 and you’re around the level it is on Twitter, his tweet is probably based on what he has seen on there. 

Yeah maybe, not sure what he expects at present though. Obviously that’ll all change to tomorrow ??

1 hour ago, David said:

It has been an interesting season for many reasons, struggling to say it's one of the more enjoyable seasons I have witnessed so far though.

The table is pretty grim, although I pay little attention to it until after Christmas, problem is I haven't been able to avoid the grim performances which have been all to common recently. I'm not a fan that will say I can't be bothered to watch until the players turn up, every game I'll be there full of renewed optimism online as I will be tomorrow touching the Rams head on the wall as I head down the stairs.

I still feel incredibly lucky to be a Derby fan, living outside the area and having close friends that are Grimsby Town fans fearing they are heading into non league football once again, I can see we could be in a much worse situation than we are today. Also spare a thought for Bury and Bolton fans.

I look at the squad and there is enough talent in there to lift us out this mess and whilst I could never say relegation isn't a concern, as of today I still don't believe for a second we'll go down.

Interest levels have increased a little more now that Wayne Rooney has publicly claimed responsibility for this team, I'm an unapologetic huge Wayne Rooney fan and excited to see what he can do. Some will and argue it's only Wycombe, but it's that kind of complacency and expectation that I really hope the players avoid. 

On paper we have a far superior squad of players, but on the pitch Wycombe have proven to be a better team and that's something Rooney will have to work on quickly, you can have all the best individual talent in the league, but if they can't play as a team then you are in trouble.

Fear you might be in for some stick @24Charlie for starting this topic, but fair play for speaking up. Will end this post with a tweet yesterday from Andre Wisdom's brother. 

Screenshot 2020-11-27 at 18.18.36.png

What a load of baalocks, how can you possibly have more fight off the pitch. There's no-one in the ground for a very big start.

2 hours ago, 24Charlie said:

I’m 55 and old enough to remember the league titles and European nights. But that’s not all I remember. 
I remember getting beat 3 nil at Carlisle watching the game in the rain on an uncovered terrace, I remember us taking 10,000 to Notts County in Div 3 too.

I remember Pat Van de Lann making it 2-1 v Palace and Bobby effing Zamora.

There’s loads of ups and downs being a Ram. Can you imagine following Tottenham or Everton who just stay in the top league with none of the drama. Where’s the fun in that?

We are in a small group of clubs who can eat at the top table as well as slum it in the lower leagues. Each season is different and creates its own drama and intrigue.

This season,  in my opinion, is one of the best in a long time for sheer interest alone.

There is so much going on. So many outcomes are possible.

The rants the raves the dismay the tantalising takeover etc...

I can’t take my eyes off it for a minute.

I’ll look back in years to come and remember the COVID season (provided I’m fortunate enough to survive). 
But what will the outcome be?

Great time to be a Ram. 

Interesting take on current events as a Ram. 
Very true it being a great time to be a Ram as the only way is up from where we currently find ourselves. 
New owners pending, possible new manager to be appointed and a transfer window that we must be extremely busy in (providing the new owners are in place by then?!)

I was a young fan during the Arthur cox days of lower league football and the big difference between now and then is we used to fight tooth and nail back then even if we lost and when I see Lawrence sulking around the pitch it's quite sad. We need some fire in this team.

21 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

What a load of baalocks, how can you possibly have more fight off the pitch. There's no-one in the ground for a very big start.

Can’t speak on behalf of him, but I would assume it’s in written form given fans are not allowed in as you say.

Plenty are out there saying nailed on relegation, worst team ever to wear the shirt and pinning every defeat on Rooney. 

It’s also not a tweet that will apply to every fan, just those that are going to the extremes. I always read these and think those who it’s aimed at will know when they read it.

As I say earlier to Texas, this applies more to Twitter where the more controversial you are, the more attention you receive. Sad to see so many younger fans that think it’s cool to poo on their club, it’s not just younger fans but these should be the next generation of fans which makes it more disappointing to read.

Age thing though, back even when I was a lad there was no social interaction like this after a game, off home and pick up the Green’un is the best it got. 

44 minutes ago, James Pond said:

To 24Charlie and Dashelle

24Charlie, I've been watching DCFC since 1966, I've travelled the length and breadth of England and Wales to watch the football club where I was born...Derby 1956, There's not alot i've not seen on the playing side, There's been peaks and troughs, And every trough you think it can't get any worse, But DCFC never let us down, Another day, Another Dawn, Another clusterduck for our football team, I would never have had anyone say a bad word against DCFC back in the day, I'd always defend the undefendable...why because I thought it was my football club, In reality it never was, We were seen as a cash cow of inconveniene, Turning up in all weathers, Including queueing up outside the BBG 1968-69 at midnight in the cold waiting for 9am for ticket sales for Everton, Chelsea and Swindon town tickets for the league cup, We've done nothing that countless 100s of 1000s of other supporters have done all over the UK over those 55 years, We're nowt special.

Dashelle, When lifelong supporters are driven to the point where their emotions are at breaking point, When those same supporters spend 100s of £s home and away every season 1000s in some cases, When some of those fans are abused away from home, When some of those fans don't get to see loved ones when DCFC are playing away games, When their Children ask for a DCFC replica kit at an inflated price, When our police force push, Shove, Harras some of them at home and away games, And when those same fans "have no fight" because their only vehicle is the internet, Maybe just maybe you should think again about posting and having a pop at Rams Fans...on the internet.

I think @24Charliewas saying just that and that we should live life and supporting our football team with a mix that mix of passion humour and pragmatism that is a reflection of life.

Yeah I agree,  Dash is talking out of his rear orifice .. fans are fans with a zillion individual mindsets .. he conveniently ignores the fact that the faithful, the happy clappers, the stoics, the wrist slashers and the grumps are all part of what fans are. In the same way as we have have fancy Dan’s, sick notes, grafters, brats and legends on the pitch. His grump was pretty typical for a fan so just treat it as such. You get what you give in life (most of the time ) 

If you think this is a great time to be a ram you must have a real enjoyment from masochistic pleasure you kinky bar steward. Seriously apart from us going bust, getting deducted points in the next month or half the squad passing away somehow due to a tragic event it couldn't be much worse, which in a way could be seen as a positive as hopefully we can only be in a better situation. 

Not enjoying where we are atm. It seems a world away from Elland Road in the play offs. 
at times it feels like we are just following Mel Morris FC. Not sure what happened to Derby County sometimes. 

I’ve been a Derby fan for 23 years... I’m used to the misery. I kind of thrive on the misery, when I meet someone and they ask who I support (I don’t live in Derby) and I tell them they ALWAYS have a laugh and a joke about it... I kinda like that. We’ve on a whole been rubbish my whole life but it’s my rubbish. At least it’s not boring, imagine being a Rochdale fan spending 30 odd years in the same division.

3 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Not enjoying where we are atm. It seems a world away from Elland Road in the play offs. 
at times it feels like we are just following Mel Morris FC. Not sure what happened to Derby County sometimes. 

Disconnect now, isn't there? 

All the communication channels are gone, not all due to Covid. 

It's one thing fronting up when you're piling cash in and things seem rosy, quite another to stick your head above the parapet when your vision has turned to dust and the club is in a worse state than you bought it.

Still waiting for the video of the last fan group meet from more than 1 year ago, for example.

8 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

I’ve been a Derby fan for 23 years... I’m used to the misery. I kind of thrive on the misery, when I meet someone and they ask who I support (I don’t live in Derby) and I tell them they ALWAYS have a laugh and a joke about it... I kinda like that. We’ve on a whole been rubbish my whole life but it’s my rubbish. At least it’s not boring, imagine being a Rochdale fan spending 30 odd years in the same division.

We’re working on that last bit. ?

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Well I for one have just told Mrs VdM her culinary skills are waning and she should make a bit more of an effort anorl.

Sorted me out with a fight good and proper.........didn't need the footie. ?

Archived