I want my Derby County back.

Bubbles

Took some time to sit and reflect on todays game. there was promising signs, but ultimately we are poor. no shying away from it. we struggle to string passes together, struggle with critical decision making, and it’s not good enough AT ALL.

everyone needs to take a hard look at themselves. props to certain individuals whom over the course of the season have actually been consistent - Marshall, Jozwiak(although he didn’t play today), Buchanan & Byrne are 4.

we are in dire need of a change. I wouldn’t object to letting Rosenior & given go personally, and starting a fresh. Once Sheikh Khaled comes in, hopefully he looks at the state of the club, and decides for change. It’s seriously needed. We need a new manager, someone external and new to the club. I seriously wouldn’t object to pure poohouse boring to watch football. we need new coaching staff, and then start overhauling the players. out of those out of contract this year; I wouldn’t be mad if we renewed NONE of them. Personally feel that Waghorn & maybe Holmes would be fine, as they’re on low wages - Waghorn’s a grafter and a decent squad player, although frustrating, and although Holmes has been poor, he has it in his locker and needs to find form. Looking at contracts that expire in 2022, I’d keep Buchanan, Byrne, and maybe Shinnie. Ibe’s contract expires then but we haven’t seen him yet so can’t decide. the rest i’d look to sell. Ultimately the majority of this team is mid table at best. We need a complete restart (If only it was that easy!!!). New faces, new team.

*Another thing I wanted to say, we don’t have the time to be in this “limbo” phase: we need a new manager appointed ASAP. none of this mucking about.

Derby County has lost it’s identity. And we need change. as soon as possible. I used to use football as an escape from my mental health issues, a happy place. But now, ducking hell, if anything it makes me feel worse watching the poo that we have seen of recent. 

Sorry for ranting, needed to get this out there. 

Cheers, 

Bubbles

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great post, pretty much sums up where I am right now as well. I haven’t felt this disengaged since Nigel Clough was in charge. There just doesn’t seem to be any hope anymore. We need an absolute full reset as a club, new owners, new coaching staff, and new players. The sooner this takeover goes through the better. Hopefully that will be the start of big changes, on and off the pitch. Because right now, we’re an absolute shambles.

Disagree with having a clearout. We have the talent on the playing staff. 2 Polish internationals, Lawrence with Wales, Marshall with Scotland, Knight with Republic of Ireland and Buchanan, Sibley, Bird, Whittaker and Duncan all called up for England's youth recently. It needs tweeking and yje obvious area is a prolific goalscorer.

11 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

Disagree with having a clearout. We have the talent on the playing staff. 2 Polish internationals, Lawrence with Wales, Marshall with Scotland, Knight with Republic of Ireland and Buchanan, Sibley, Bird, Whittaker and Duncan all called up for England's youth recently. It needs tweeking and yje obvious area is a prolific goalscorer.

Those whom you have mentioned I completely agree with but the majority of players that we have are piss poor! 

We need a prolific goalscorer, we need a long term goalkeeper, we need atleast two new centre backs. we need a holding midfielder... so on and so forth. you see where I’m coming from? We overhype our players way too much when they’re completely bang average! maybe i’m being too optimistic here, and sorry if I am, but it ducking sucks to see the state that we are in now.

25 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Great post, pretty much sums up where I am right now as well. I haven’t felt this disengaged since Nigel Clough was in charge. There just doesn’t seem to be any hope anymore. We need an absolute full reset as a club, new owners, new coaching staff, and new players. The sooner this takeover goes through the better. Hopefully that will be the start of big changes, on and off the pitch. Because right now, we’re an absolute shambles.

Exactly mate. We need a completely new identity both off and on the pitch. 

Let’s hope Sheikh Khaled can get our poo sorted out, there’s a reason he’s a businessman and his net worth is, as quoted “****loads”

16 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Was moaning to my dad earlier about how crap we are at the minute, his reply was the new owners will change things and get players in. My fear is we can’t get players in until January and the damage could very much be done by then at this rate. 

Commit to  whittaker, sibley, knight, jozwiak, bird, and Buchanan

five more places up for grabs - Marshall, 3 defenders, and one more attacker.

We all understand what that means don’t we?

embrace the future. 

20 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Was moaning to my dad earlier about how crap we are at the minute, his reply was the new owners will change things and get players in. My fear is we can’t get players in until January and the damage could very much be done by then at this rate. 

Yep continue similar to how we are at the moment until Jan and it’s going to need top 3 form to get out of it!

26 minutes ago, Bubbles said:

Those whom you have mentioned I completely agree with but the majority of players that we have are piss poor! 

We need a prolific goalscorer, we need a long term goalkeeper, we need atleast two new centre backs. we need a holding midfielder... so on and so forth. you see where I’m coming from? We overhype our players way too much when they’re completely bang average! maybe i’m being too optimistic here, and sorry if I am, but it ducking sucks to see the state that we are in now.

Agree, we need a prolific goalscorer, but no need to panic with the keeper yet(Shilton played for England when he was 40 and finished playing for the Rams nearing 42). Need to get centrebacks, yes because Davies is too old and slow, Clarke is on loan, Te Werik is not good enough. Holding midfielders, perhaps Shinnie is average championship standard. But i think Bird and Bielik and Evans are good enough. Its about getting the right balance and the best players for each match to beat the opposition. We have it all at the club barring a goalscorer, its the missing piece to the jigsaw.

8 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Commit to  whittaker, sibley, knight, jozwiak, bird, and Buchanan

five more places up for grabs - Marshall, 3 defenders, and one more attacker.

We all understand what that means don’t we?

embrace the future. 

I can 100% commit to the academy. I reckon we have some of the best youngsters in the country. I can’t however commit to what the youngsters are being told to do. Something needs to change drastically or we are in serious trouble. 

43 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Not very ranty to me.

Probably overly pessimistic. In several positions we have good players for this league, but “up front” we are League 1 and until this changes (Jan) it will be a battle to win games.

League 1? The ducking dog and duck would score more from open play, most league 1 strikers would walk into our team on current form. Hell I've seen more fire power from fireworks bought from the local corner shop than what we have. 

I'm on the new broom bandwagon. More so the coaching than the players - the Cocu project failed. There were worthy aspects we shouldn't just junk - particually buying smarter, bring through academy players and so on. But the team needs to unlearn quite a lot in terms of slow play, trying to walk the ball in, safe passes etc and I feel a fresh approach would help that.

Playing wise, we're in the middle of a clearout having got rid of the likes of Huddlestone, Zoon, Martin etc. It's how we move forward under the new owners that's key. A re-run of the first could of MM years would likely be entertaining but leave us here again if the team don't make it. If they do make it, then sure, the prospects are different. But we're a long way from that.

At the moment, I wouldn't hold anything against the young players. But most of the senior players I could happily see leave, I don't feel any particular affection for them like I did with Martin (or quite a few others through the Clough-Mac-etc) time.

I’m reading a few Brian clough books - biographies and autobiography. It’s quite instructive to apply his received wisdom.

Youngsters

he never worried about a players age. He played steve Powell in the probably biggest league game we ever played when he was just 16. He played Chris woods in goal in a Wembley final at 18. 
Our ‘kids’ are aged 19 and trialist is 22. what are we waiting for? People say they are still learning their trade. Well let them learn it in the championship. They aren’t going to develop being sat on the bench, or training all week with no game at the end of it. We might have five Jude Bellinghams on our hands here. And if so, we will turn this pot form around. At the moment we are only playing two (or three), and they are the best players on the pitch. Be brave. Don’t go on about players being timid, if we’re too scared to even select them. Pick them. Build them up. Send them out believing they can do it. 

rooney

He said they got rid of John Sheridan and others at Forest, soon after they signed them, because he would pass but then stand still. Midfield players were required to move, to run, and to tackle. They got rid of Gemmill - and Carlin - because they thought their legs had gone. If Rooney can’t run and can’t tackle then he would be discarded by Clough and Taylor. 

rosenior

a comment about fashanau. Clough said he was articulate and that his talking would impress weak  impressionable people. That’s the situation I see with Liam Rosenior. He has obviously impressed Mel. And he has impressed a few of the fans too but he seems all talk to me. He speaks without even convincing me that he even knows what he is going to say when he sets off on one of long spiels.

lawrence 

striker or winger?  He has scored 0 in 7 games so he wouldn’t rate as a striker. He can’t cross so he wouldn’t rate as a winger. As with Sheridan, Hartford and co, if you’ve made a mistake and the player can’t do it - move on. 

12 hours ago, Bubbles said:

Took some time to sit and reflect on todays game. there was promising signs, but ultimately we are poor. no shying away from it. we struggle to string passes together, struggle with critical decision making, and it’s not good enough AT ALL.

everyone needs to take a hard look at themselves. props to certain individuals whom over the course of the season have actually been consistent - Marshall, Jozwiak(although he didn’t play today), Buchanan & Byrne are 4.

we are in dire need of a change. I wouldn’t object to letting Rosenior & given go personally, and starting a fresh. Once Sheikh Khaled comes in, hopefully he looks at the state of the club, and decides for change. It’s seriously needed. We need a new manager, someone external and new to the club. I seriously wouldn’t object to pure poohouse boring to watch football. we need new coaching staff, and then start overhauling the players. out of those out of contract this year; I wouldn’t be mad if we renewed NONE of them. Personally feel that Waghorn & maybe Holmes would be fine, as they’re on low wages - Waghorn’s a grafter and a decent squad player, although frustrating, and although Holmes has been poor, he has it in his locker and needs to find form. Looking at contracts that expire in 2022, I’d keep Buchanan, Byrne, and maybe Shinnie. Ibe’s contract expires then but we haven’t seen him yet so can’t decide. the rest i’d look to sell. Ultimately the majority of this team is mid table at best. We need a complete restart (If only it was that easy!!!). New faces, new team.

*Another thing I wanted to say, we don’t have the time to be in this “limbo” phase: we need a new manager appointed ASAP. none of this mucking about.

Derby County has lost it’s identity. And we need change. as soon as possible. I used to use football as an escape from my mental health issues, a happy place. But now, ducking hell, if anything it makes me feel worse watching the poo that we have seen of recent. 

Cheers, 

Bubbles

Not sure where you got Waggers low wages from...as I recall he was one of the highest earners in the squad last year.

10 hours ago, plymouthram said:

Agree, we need a prolific goalscorer, but no need to panic with the keeper yet(Shilton played for England when he was 40 and finished playing for the Rams nearing 42). Need to get centrebacks, yes because Davies is too old and slow, Clarke is on loan, Te Werik is not good enough. Holding midfielders, perhaps Shinnie is average championship standard. But i think Bird and Bielik and Evans are good enough. Its about getting the right balance and the best players for each match to beat the opposition. We have it all at the club barring a goalscorer, its the missing piece to the jigsaw.

Evans isn’t a holding midfielder but agree with most of that ?

10 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

The frustrating thing is we are capable of better football than the majority of the league. 

I watched Coventry v Birmingham and it was dire. 

We are like a silky boxer who has no punch and a glass jaw. 

Jab, jab, jab - oh bugger.

Same thing every week. 

Amir Khan ?

12 hours ago, Bubbles said:

Cheers, 

Bubbles

Not just you but does nobody get we can’t clear out the ‘over paid for’ rubbish because of P&S.  We have been in this spiral for years now.  Unless the new owners have a magic wand it will be the kids that get sacrificed

Archived