Wazza...Most unpopular new 'manager' since..

Chester40

....comparable with Wassall?  Steve Mac 1? 

Mel has appointed a few managers who tbh have been fairly widely acclaimed as good calls. 

Where do you think Rooney would rate on initial approval comparatively....both, now (semi manager) ...and if it became permanent after a semi decent performance against Bristol for example? 

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont think it's that Rooney himself will be unpopular, if he is appointed then we will all get behind him.

But we dont need a wayne rooney as manager, we need a proven manager, not another risk when the club sit bottom of the table. like i say in other threads we need a sensible appointment, not a celebrity one.

wednseday appoint pulis, forest appoint hughton, two clubs around us that have changed manager for sensible appointments.

15 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

He would have the same level of approval as a night of passion with Susan Boyle from me. 

6 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

How do you know she's not a very sensual woman?

3 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

You must have dreamed a dream.

Something, something, Wild Horses... 

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

The appointment would be massivly unpopular with Derby fans but unbearable levels of brown nosed attention from the media.

If he's actually good at the job, that'll be quickly forgotten.

Win the next two games would be a good start.

If we appointed Pep and Klopp together It would be unpopular and they would be calling for them to be sacked as soon as we drew away at the Bristol.  
give It Rooney, we aren’t going down, and the fake sheikh threw whatever amount of money he may or may not have at us for just that reason. 

5 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

or.....be the only world class player on the pitch and score the only winning goal of the season......but wait that doesn’t fit into your narrative does It. 

He hasn't been "world class" for years.

And he hasn't been demonstrably adding value to team mates which he was at least doing at the start.

If that's a "narrative" then you seem to have the attention span of a fruit fly. 

Gary Rowett? Think he was quite decisive from the start if I remember correctly, though did a decent job in the end. 

To be honest, I don’t think many will be that bothered if he takes charge on a very short term caretaker basis. He should have enough to steady the ship for a game or two. But if he’s appointed permanently then I think there will be uproar. Whether it’s true or not, he’ll be labelled as a snake who undermined Cocu to get the job.

31 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

If we appointed Pep and Klopp together It would be unpopular and they would be calling for them to be sacked as soon as we drew away at the Bristol.  
give It Rooney, we aren’t going down, and the fake sheikh threw whatever amount of money he may or may not have at us for just that reason. 

Have you been drinking ?.... Nonsense

19 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

He hasn't been "world class" for years.

And he hasn't been demonstrably adding value to team mates which he was at least doing at the start.

If that's a "narrative" then you seem to have the attention span of a fruit fly. 

World class. Best player at the club. Only person looking like he can win a game. 

17 minutes ago, dlm77 said:

Have you been drinking ?.... Nonsense

Which bit of that isn’t true then??

out fan base will slag off whoever we get at the first defeat and the only reason the fake sheikh is throwing his dirty money at the club is because of Rooney. Both these things are undoubtedly  true. 

10 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Which bit of that isn’t true then??

out fan base will slag off whoever we get at the first defeat and the only reason the fake sheikh is throwing his dirty money at the club is because of Rooney. Both these things are undoubtedly  true. 

Dirty money??? 

Archived