Go, No Go.

24Charlie

If we were mid table the situation would not be so precarious but leaving the club in limbo with us in 24th can only be tolerated for so long.

We only have the club statement as any official word on what’s going on. This international break would have been the ideal time to do the managerial switch.

In my opinion Cocu would have been sacked after Barnsley if there was no takeover and Mel was making the call. 

Mel is a lame duck owner who wants rid. Every time he finds a buyer that then falls through weakens his position and his commitment is questioned. 
He has not invested in the transfer window. We lost the German because Mel wouldn’t meet the price and we picked up Ibe and CKR on the cheap along with a young prospect in Duncan. 
These three could be good but they all have baggage.

Jozwiak is the only player we spent money on.

Mel thinks he chucking good money after bad. He needs this deal to go through. The club needs this deal to go through and the fans need this deal to go through. The club cannot continue to challenge at the top with Mel at the helm.

This deal could be good it could be bad.

if we don’t go soon, not going at all could be worse.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

If we were mid table the situation would not be so precarious but leaving the club in limbo with us in 24th can only be tolerated for so long.

We only have the club statement as any official word on what’s going on. This international break would have been the ideal time to do the managerial switch.

In my opinion Cocu would have been sacked after Barnsley if there was no takeover and Mel was making the call. 

Mel is a lame duck owner who wants rid. Every time he finds a buyer that then falls through weakens his position and his commitment is questioned. 
He has not invested in the transfer window. We lost the German because Mel wouldn’t meet the price and we picked up Ibe and CKR on the cheap along with a young prospect in Duncan. 

Mel thinks he chucking good money after bad. He needs this deal to go through. The club needs this deal to go through and the fans need this deal to go through. The club cannot continue to challenge at the top with Mel at the helm.

We seem to have lots of topics basically discussing the same thing ?

25 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

We seem to have lots of topics basically discussing the same thing ?

Good job otherwise we’d have literally nothing to talk about as the takeover affects everything.

In my opinion posters are trying to find different angles and if some topics get overlapped then that’s because the Abu Derby thread is too long and folk CBA to read every word to find out if it’s already been covered.

12 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

Good job otherwise we’d have literally nothing to talk about as the takeover affects everything.

In my opinion posters are trying to find different angles and if some topics get overlapped then that’s because the Abu Derby thread is too long and folk CBA to read every word to find out if it’s already been covered.

Wait... What?  Is this even a thing?   ?

Think it’s clear we need this takeover to go through as soon as possible. The longer it drags on, the longer Cocu has to stay in charge, even though we all know he’s finished here. That isn’t fair on him, and it isn’t good for the club either - results are only going one way at the moment, and that’s only going to get worse when players stop playing for the manager.

Personally, I’m still not remotely convinced it’s going to go through at all. Something just doesn’t feel right, with the failed Liverpool and Newcastle takeovers. We will see I guess. But it would be a real disaster if it doesn’t. Mel clearly isn’t willing to put any more of his money into the club, which is totally understandable given how much he’s lost already. But we can’t hope to compete without investment. The squad is getting worse and worse, and we need to arrest the slide.

4 hours ago, 24Charlie said:

Haven't you got any real life problems to worry or moan about?

Something will either get sorted or it won't and there isn't a damn thing that you or me can do about it and moaning on a fans forum won't change a thing.

1 hour ago, ossieram said:

Haven't you got any real life problems to worry or moan about?

Something will either get sorted or it won't and there isn't a damn thing that you or me can do about it and moaning on a fans forum won't change a thing.

I can not be bothered to read through every comment you’ve ever posted on this forum but I will guarantee that you’ve offered an opinion on something that hasn’t happened yet.

Don’t be such a hypocrite.

8 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

I can not be bothered to read through every comment you’ve ever posted on this forum but I will guarantee that you’ve offered an opinion on something that hasn’t happened yet.

There's a big difference between offering an opinion and creating a new thread to go over the same ground that many others have already covered. 

1 hour ago, 24Charlie said:

Agreed. Not much point being on a forum if you don't like opinions, aimless waffling and dubious predictions. 

I don't mind a proliferation of similar topics either...

I would argue though you have created a new topic and posted something reasonable - that could have gone on several other topics - without actually explaining what your new angle /topic actually is? ...its a fair opinion, but exactly what debate are you trying to raise ?? 

15 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Oh wow! Yet another Cocu out thread.

I wonder if any new points will be made - on either side of the argument.

mud.gif.dffe22cc31ceaaa6d9d424500b32db90.gif

Doubt it, no new ones have been made since Page 1 of the Abu Derby one.

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

CBA: ie: "can't be (anatomically) bothered". 

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm aware what it meant.  I'm just shocked... nay, utterly appalled... that folk come on here, and don't read every word of others' posts.  I didn't even realise David allowed such treachery!

... And no wonder so many points get repeated, if posters don't realise someone else has already posted similar!  ?

Archived