2 point gap. 35 games.

Sean

Honestly, some people on this forum need to give their head a wobble.

Yes, we're bottom. Yes, we've been playing poorly. And, yes, Cocu might not be the man to lead us out of our current situation.

But the amount of bed-wetting and wrist-slashing both on here and on Twitter is staggering, even by normal Derby fan standards.

The notion that we are "League One bound", "relegation impending" and that the only people who can lead us out of this mess are lump-ball merchants like Big Sam are frankly ridiculous given that we have very little to turn around and plenty of time to turn it around in.

Our squad on paper is solid for the Championship and with Bielik and Ibe to come into play more, plus emerging players from the U23s, there's plenty of talent on our payroll to move up the table, at least to mid-table.

Let's try not to get hysterical about everything. We've got 35 games with a squad who will be hurting and the team will have had two weeks of stewing on a pitiful performance against Barnsley, there are enough green shots to be positive about once the confidence comes back.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

I think what a lot of people are saying is that if cocu stays on, they don't see anything changing and hence we are heading for League one. 

If we get a new manager we won't go down

Have you got a crystal ball. 

It didn’t work with Paul Jewell after Billy Davies did it. 

18 minutes ago, Sean said:

Yes, we're bottom. Yes, we've been playing poorly. And, yes, Cocu might not be the man to lead us out of our current situation.

But the amount of bed-wetting and wrist-slashing both on here and on Twitter is staggering, even by normal Derby fan standards.

The notion that we are "League One bound", "relegation impending" and that the only people who can lead us out of this mess are lump-ball merchants like Big Sam are frankly ridiculous given that we have very little to turn around and plenty of time to turn it around in.

Our squad on paper is solid for the Championship and with Bielik and Ibe to come into play more, plus emerging players from the U23s, there's plenty of talent on our payroll to move up the table, at least to mid-table.

Let's try not to get hysterical about everything. We've got 35 games with a squad who will be hurting and the team will have had two weeks of stewing on a pitiful performance against Barnsley, there are enough green shots to be positive about once the confidence comes back.

Not sure........hope you're right. 

I think the goal scoring situation is very alarming and doesn't look like improving without a major change somewhere. 

I’ve backed Cocu throughout, but like many others, I’m concerned the longer Cocu remains in charge and this takeover drags on that we will be cut adrift. To survive in a relegation battle you need teams around you, we maybe 2 points away from safety, but we’re 6 points away from 20th, if Sheff Weds had not had 6 points deducted we would be 6 points from safety. This is concerning, make no mistake.

I would be more confident with the current management team had our performances at least continued in the same vein as Forest, Cardiff and Bournemouth. But the QPR and Barnsley defeats were completely abject, almost on a par with Blackburn and two of the worst performances in Cocu’s tenure. These performances came after Cocu made unecessary changes and even changed a formation we were starting to play well in. Terrible managerial decisions which has left me with no confidence in Cocu being able to turn this around.  I honestly cannot see where the next win is going to come from.

35 games is a lot of games. But We have Bristol and Boro next, if Cocu is still in charge I can only see two defeats. How far will we be aware from safety then? Then we have Cov and Wycombe (our rivals?) will we be able to beat them after being so convincingly beaten by QPR and Barnsley.

Ive backed him all the way but we have to end his tenure as soon as possible or we seriously risk being in a dog fight we may not win.

There’s definitely still time to turn things around, you’d have to be an idiot to suggest that we’re dead and buried at this stage of the season. We’ve still got a transfer window to fix things too. 

To be fair though, I’m not sure many fans seriously think that we’re down and out. The hysteria is more around a few of the happy clappers making comments like “there’s no chance we’ll be relegated”, which imo is a very foolish thing to say. We are where we are for a reason, and that reason is we’ve been the worst team in the league so far. Absolutely no one is too good to go down. We need to get a grip on things and fast if we want to end the rut. A change of manager will be a start, but squad improvement is also needed. We’ve not got a bottom 3 level squad imo, but it’s certainly below average.

I think the optimism shown (by some) here is extremely laudable and I agree that it’s far too soon to be concerned about relegation.

Considering the squad we have, I find it absolutely inexplicable why we are in the position we are in. It is completely unfathomable. And, frankly, I’m a football genius, so if I can’t work it out, it can’t be worked out. It’s a mystery.

It will get better. We won’t go down. We probably won’t go up either.

3 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

I think that gap will be widening alot more before Christmas if we don't get Cocu out especially with Bristol next , in fact I'd go as far as saying I can see a vaccine being rolled out before our next win if Cocu stays. 

We will beat Bristol.

4 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

I still fancy Cocu to turn it around. It's been a horrible start but I think a hard re-set could see us progressing from here. Hopefully one or two will be fitter than of late and perhaps Ibe could be in the mix to add something a little different. 

COYR

Admire your faith in him still. I’ve completely bottled it after QPR and Barnsley. Would love him to turn it around. I just can’t see it.

59 minutes ago, Sean said:

I'd agree with you if it weren't for the fact the performances are so excruciatingly bad and our stats are hideous.

I think complacency of thinking we'll be ok because the squad is good on paper is similar to those of the players who year after year seem to think they're alot better than they actually are.

As it stands there is more chance of us continuing to sink than there is of us suddenly performing the way we think we should.

Archived