Phil Jones

HariboWest

3 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

How can new owner be stuck with ffp when old owner was in charge surely it will sent back as able to spend money.

nope, or all the bigger clubs would just pretend to swap ownership every season. It's about the club ONLY spending what it earns and not based on wealth of owners.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Not even when all debts are paid off meaning we owe nothing.

nope. You can only spend equivalent of £13m per season MORE than what you bring in on Sales, Tickets, Merchandise and Sponsorship revenue. (£39m over 3 years.) 

It's not about debts as such, it's about avoiding debts. Clubs like Portsmouth spent loads of money, but the owners dumped the debts on the club and left. This meant that local businesses lost lots of money. These rules were created in an attempt to prevent this happening again. So in theory, unscruplulous owners couldn't take all the money out, but also leave a debt at the same time.

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

nope. You can only spend equivalent of £13m per season MORE than what you bring in on Sales, Tickets, Merchandise and Sponsorship revenue. (£39m over 3 years.) 

It's not about debts as such, it's about avoiding debts. Clubs like Portsmouth spent loads of money, but the owners dumped the debts on the club and left. This meant that local businesses lost lots of money. These rules were created in an attempt to prevent this happening again. So in theory, unscruplulous owners couldn't take all the money out, but also leave a debt at the same time.

Tell me this how come likes man utd and other big clubs lose money hand over fists but they can spend like over 100m.

6 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Tell me this how come likes man utd and other big clubs lose money hand over fists but they can spend like over 100m.

Man United don't lose money at all. Who told you that? They make more money on selling Shirts in Japan than Derby earn for everything.

The clubs in the Champions League make loads of money.

6 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Man United are in a different league and under Premier League rules.

6 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Man United don't lose money at all. Who told you that? They make more money on selling Shirts in Japan than Derby earn for everything.

The clubs in the Champions League make loads of money.

It been in the papers and seen one season they lost something like 1.3b but still spend something like 200m so surely ffp should count towards prem teams as well.

18 hours ago, Brummie Steve said:

Two B or not Two B...that is the pencil!

Although there is just the tiniest hint of deviation from the topic n’est ce pas?

Is there any real point to that post, Brummie etc. Sharpen up man. The mods should erase these kind of posts  

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/11/2020 at 09:37, Jubbs said:

Some fans need to give their head a wobble. Phil Jones would be an excellent CB in the championship. He was the scapegoat at Man Utd. If he's available for cheap(ish) wages, we should go for it. There are his stats for 18/19 as he only played a few games last season.image.thumb.png.656014fff3e1cc0e057e61d2368fd317.png

Would be good to see this against another one for comparison - Keogh maybe ??

On 02/11/2020 at 13:14, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

That penalty shootout cracked me up, two lets say 'older' goalkeepers just slowly falling over to the left or right until someone took a penalty bad enough to hit one of them.

The moment I saw him walking up - I turned to my wife and said "that is it, we are through its Phil Jones"

She was like "You cannot be certain"

And as he missed

"Oh yes I bl**dy well can"

Lol

1 minute ago, Dethorn said:

Would be good to see this against another one for comparison - Keogh maybe ??

Won't be able to get Keogh as this is free for only the top leagues, but looking roughly at stats and what I've seen before, he won't be anywhere near that. Also worth considering, even if I could get the circle for Keogh, it'd be in the championship, that circle for Phil Jones is in the Prem and the Champions League, the two best tournaments at club level.

We If there is a way that we could afford him without harming other options in the team we should sign him as soon as we can - both wisdom and Davies are out of contract in the summer and it leaves us with - no one !

So what if Man U don’t want him - they have 10 centre half’s of which all of them are better than ours - if he wanted to play for Derby county on an average wage ( I hope he has earned his big money by now)  we should sign him especially if his fitness is good enough 

Archived