Phil Jones

HariboWest

4 minutes ago, NorwichExile said:

I seriously don't get how people think he'd bf a bad Championship player. Clarke had looked far better than this league at times and I doubt he'd even get close to the United squad. You could clone a prime McFarland/Todd partnership and people would say their pass percentage wasn't high enough...

Speaking personally, I have 2 concerns. Firstly, the cost. Given that the club must be haemorrhaging money, is someone on premier league wages really either realistic or desirable? Secondly, we need some who can hit the ground running. Is someone who last played in January and who's confidence appeared to be shot the right person?

I don't know the answer to those questions or the background but those are my worries about Phil Jones.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see this one gathering momentum, can’t see a prem club stumping up for his wages and likewise I can’t see United wanting to strengthen another side by subsidising them. They are reportedly willing to heavily subsidise them so we may be preferable destination for United. Rooneys links and the new money might make this a reality. 
If true this would be a real statement of intent, very good centre back, with a similar quality striker we might find ourselves fighting a lot higher up in the league. 

18 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

At 120k per week? I may only know two tenths of tap all about DCFCs finances, but I reckon I could hazard a guess at that one! ?

If you Carry on and read the next four words that you didn’t highlight it will help you 

Archived