Phil Jones

HariboWest

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 02/11/2020 at 09:37, Jubbs said:

Some fans need to give their head a wobble. Phil Jones would be an excellent CB in the championship. He was the scapegoat at Man Utd. If he's available for cheap(ish) wages, we should go for it. There are his stats for 18/19 as he only played a few games last season.image.thumb.png.656014fff3e1cc0e057e61d2368fd317.png

Stats or not he's still poo

• 3 weeks later...

I honestly can't believe people are saying no to this. As if he isnt good enough for us. We in the relegation zone of the championship. Phil Jones has been a premier league player his whole career. He is a good player who has been made out to be a bad player due to the fact he pulls some mental faces when he plays football. 

If you dont think Phil Jones is good enough to play for us you are completely deluded. 

I always liked Phil Jones. He was excellent in his younger days, but the scrutiny of playing for a big club and everything that comes with it really killed his career. You only have to look at Smalling. 

I don't think Jones is about to come here though, not when a lower Premier League club would take him on at the right price. 

1 hour ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

January.

He had a total of 8 appearances last season. A cluster in January - 1 each in the league, league cup and FA cup and the others spread out in the autumn - 1 league, 1 league cup and 3 Europa league.

Might be match fit by May then.....

4 hours ago, jimbobram said:

I honestly can't believe people are saying no to this. As if he isnt good enough for us. We in the relegation zone of the championship. Phil Jones has been a premier league player his whole career. He is a good player who has been made out to be a bad player due to the fact he pulls some mental faces when he plays football. 

If you dont think Phil Jones is good enough to play for us you are completely deluded. 

I think the objection is more around his likely wage demands, rather than lack of ability. £100k a week was suggested.

25 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

I think the objection is more around his likely wage demands, rather than lack of ability. £100k a week was suggested.

We dont know anything about the finances. It could be a loan, with Rooney being able to sort a deal with a friend and previous club, he has done a lot for. 

I seriously don't get how people think he'd bf a bad Championship player. Clarke had looked far better than this league at times and I doubt he'd even get close to the United squad. You could clone a prime McFarland/Todd partnership and people would say their pass percentage wasn't high enough...

Archived