Abu Derby County

tinman

13 minutes ago, Topram said:

Didn’t Ed Dawes say he was excited after what Mel had said to him? Taking us to the next level well that’s clearly not the case

Compared to the poo show we are at the moment, being ran like Sheffield Utd is the next level.  If they could find a good striker they'd be comfortable mid table right now.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ramsbottom said:

Compared to the poo show we are at the moment, being ran like Sheffield Utd is the next level.  If they could find a good striker they'd be comfortable mid table right now.

Couldn't you say the same about us? The good striker midtable part.

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

In a way, I'm releaved. I couldn't wrap my head around us being oil rich.

It's going to a re-run of the three amigos isn't it? buckle up everybody.

not sure what the point of the takeover is if that is the case.  The tangible assets are gone (training ground?) after that it is the squad and we all suspect that's not as valuable as the book price.  there is no fan income due to covid so what do they hope for by buying us.  I can't see anything other than making money when we get to the prem but maybe somebody has a credible alternative?

the issue for me is if they think they can buy promotion a nd then discover they can't (P&S, difficult league) will they lose interest and abandon the project?  I have been very critical of Mel but I always expected that he would find a buyer rather than abandon us

1 minute ago, Gaspode said:

An awful lot of people wetting themselves over a clickbait re-hash from the Athletic - a bit of calmness and patience wouldn't go amiss...

?perhaps like the search restriction there should be a time restriction as to when you can repost

10 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

Couldn't you say the same about us? The good striker midtable part.

I was referring more to the current stature, position of the two clubs.  Utd have had a settled manager, team, infastructure and income for years, and only towards the bottom of the Prem at the moment due to lack of goals.  Where as we are have a revolving door policy with managers, and don't have a pot to piss in.  Of course we have an academy to be proud of but that won't bear fruit for a while yet...

Don't think it is unreasonable to have concerns. 

I have no doubt Mel believes it is the right deal, however he has been hoodwinked before (by that I mean managerial appointments). And Covid crisis may make it more desperate.

I want to be wrong and this be a step forward.

Of

20 minutes ago, Spanish said:

not sure what the point of the takeover is if that is the case.  The tangible assets are gone (training ground?) after that it is the squad and we all suspect that's not as valuable as the book price.  there is no fan income due to covid so what do they hope for by buying us.  I can't see anything other than making money when we get to the prem but maybe somebody has a credible alternative?

the issue for me is if they think they can buy promotion a nd then discover they can't (P&S, difficult league) will they lose interest and abandon the project?  I have been very critical of Mel but I always expected that he would find a buyer rather than abandon us

Three amigos borrowed a bunch of shady money for a go at going up, didn't work out..

3 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

That was what I thought.

I didnt listen to it but someone said on here that Ed Dawes was excited, I'm sure there was mention of 'billions' 

He was well over the top he spoke to Mel he said this would take us next level etc sounds like tosh 

5 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

Mel only thinks of what's best for Mel

Let's be honest about that!

Definitely he’s wanted out for a good 2 years and he said how hard it is to sell so if he’s got a chance here he’ll take it no matter what

9 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

Mel only thinks of what's best for Mel

Let's be honest about that!

I dont agree with that, he has ploughed millions upon millions into his and our football club.

I do think when he did it he only did it as he thought he would be a premier league chairman and there was a certain amount of arrogance about it. Not sure if anyone caught his Soccer AM interview quite early after buying us where he was asked "If Derby get promoted to the Premier League..." and Mel cut him off and said "Not if...When"..I just knew that moment of arrogance would come back to bite him and it did, in a big way.

But, let's no forget he really has kept this club going in very difficult times, he has made huge mistakes, he has been so unlucky with Frank and the Chelsea job, he has tried but ultimately failed.

It honestly does make me very sad to think he purchased us when we were at Wembley on the verge of the Prem, he spent anywhere between 100 to 200 million, we have bought and sold Ince, Will Hughes, Bradley Johnson, Vydra etc etc etc and he now sells us rock bottom of the Championship starring league 1 in the face, you couldnt write it.

Archived