Abu Derby County

tinman

We are unfortunately, at this moment stuck in the middle of a malice, with everything that could go wrong, going wrong.

Whether its the management ,the players, the boardroom, the Covid situation or plain bad luck something has got to change and change quickly.  

Just as winning becomes a habit, so can losing and this one were rapidly acquiring. 

If we suffer more defeats such as Saturdays then the players and management subconsciously start to begin to resign themselves to what they see is an inevitable fate of relegation. 

Something has got to be done to break this chain. 

Either a large scale  revision/rethink of the team tactic's and the way they play. A review of the personal being used in matches. A personal reflection by all the team and club management as what they feel they can do to make thing right.  

Unless this done now or commence pronto there is only going to one unfortunate outcome (baring a miracle) and that is League 1 football next year. 

All I can say is wakeup the clocks ticking

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, rad1919 said:

The reaction on here when the Sheikh's first interview includes the phrases "Philip Cocu has our full support" and "we have to work within FFP so we don't have a load of money to throw at this".

I doubt we will here anything from the Sheikh directly. It will be his spokesperson or whoever he appoints as CEO. Having said that, your suggestion of the possible content of that communication is not inconceivable.  

7 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Finance and purely finance.

We are skint, absolutely skint as a club, Cocu would have been sacked before the Barnsley game if not.

If the owner comes in with money and is willing to pay Cocus fee to see him gone and then pay for a new high profile manager then it's a yes from me.

Depends how deep his pockets are, the bloke stands to spend circa 5 million hiring and firing on day 1 of the job.

But relegation has severe financial consequences.... new owners will gamble even if it costs

Relegation would cost the club a hell of a lot more than sacking Cocu - you're talking £10m+ a year for a team like us. Not to mention we would have to abide by an extremely stringent wage cap. I would suspect supporters wouldn't be back in a hurry - potentially crowds around 16-17k rather than the 25-27k we've become accustom too.

If we are absolutely saying that our issues revolves solely on Cocu then it's an easy decision. I think we reason to think that the entire coaching staff, not just Cocu, is at fault for our issues. The players aren't playing anywhere near close to their potential - not to mention that we've tried to play the high press in most of the games that we haven't been able to keep up because the fitness levels are absolutely appalling. We hired the guy doing part-time analysis to run the fitness of the team. It seems like a pretty poor choice from the outside looking in. 

I'm pretty sure Cocu will be gone soon regardless, but I'd be bemused to see any of our coaching staff stick around. Rosenior, in particular, who has done little to impress me since being here. Arguably, again from a fairly subjective POV, he's probably the cause of a lot of Cocu's issues. Too many cooks spoil the broth, apparently, which looks to be the case here. 

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

I'm pretty sure Cocu will be gone soon regardless, but I'd be bemused to see any of our coaching staff stick around. Rosenior, in particular, who has done little to impress me since being here. Arguably, again from a fairly subjective POV, he's probably the cause of a lot of Cocu's issues. Too many cooks spoil the broth, apparently, which looks to be the case here. 

Everything about this current regime is overcoached and overanalysed. They're a bunch of nice guys with clipboards and iPads.

The players have no confidence in the manager. When Mac1 came in he started at half time in a match we were losing 4-1 and after he made a few adjustments we drew 4-4. That instilled belief and we never looked back that season. Losing one after another does the opposite which is half the battle lost. 

10 hours ago, europia said:

I doubt we will here anything from the Sheikh directly. It will be his spokesperson or whoever he appoints as CEO. Having said that, your suggestion of the possible content of that communication is not inconceivable.  

Stephen Pearce is remaining on as CEO

10 hours ago, europia said:

That’s true but would be nice to hear of his plans what he wants going forward etc 

2 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I see we’re back judging individual staff members’ performances without ever actually seeing them at work.

We don't see the work, but we see the results of their work. In the post-match interview Rosenior didn't want to shirk the blame, did he?

2 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I see we’re back judging individual staff members’ performances without ever actually seeing them at work.

Very sensible.

Of course, it's incredibly subjective. I always used to laugh when people would blame Kevin Phillips for our strikers not scoring goals based on nothing more than he used to be a striker himself. 

Rosenior became a bit of a parody in my mind when he said he'd watched 1000 players this summer looking for potential signings. What a massive waste of time that must've been. Not to mention he was brought in to help Cocu acclimatise to Championship football. It's still the first thing thrown in his face that he doesn't know the league.

He could be doing a fantastic job, of course, but we have far more evidence to indicate otherwise. 

22 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

I don’t get why it matters how rich they are. With FFP, they can’t just go off and buy messi even if they could afford him. 

Not strictly true. 

They could just decide to take the FFP hit. 

Spend £200m next summer, play out the season, get hit with a 21 point penalty, don't get promoted, don't get relegated. FFP resets after punishment handed out and we're free to play the 2022-2023 season with a £200m squad and no immediate FFP implications. 

Granted, the above won't take into account the wages of a £200m squad though, so once FFP resets then you'd start building towards another FFP hit, unless you're promoted within a couple of seasons or find creative ways to get more £££ into the club legitimately to offset the wages. 

Not suggesting we do this btw....?

5 hours ago, 1961ram said:

The players have no confidence in the manager. When Mac1 came in he started at half time in a match we were losing 4-1 and after he made a few adjustments we drew 4-4. That instilled belief and we never looked back that season. Losing one after another does the opposite which is half the battle lost. 

The most telling thing for me under cocu is that whenever we concede, it knocks the stuffing out of the players, be it in the first half or second half. I just know what the result is already decided. This shouldn't be happening. They have absolutely no confidence in what they're doing. Like you said Mac managed to inspire a second half comeback to make it 4-4 from 4-1 down. Cocu could never do that

22 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

We don't see the work, but we see the results of their work. In the post-match interview Rosenior didn't want to shirk the blame, did he?

Thought Rosenior gave a heartfelt and passionate pre match interview , his and waggys interview seemed to me that they were holding a bit back about attitudes of players etc , i may be wrong but possibly a few bad apples behind the scenes

4 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

How? We're bottom of the championship

Because everything he wants to do is be suffocated out of our game plan. He could've put forward 20-30 players that would've cost next to nothing and taken us to the next level, but were ultimately shouted down by Cocu & Co. 

I doubt it, obviously, but as we don't have backstage passes then we just don't know. 

5 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

Thought Rosenior gave a heartfelt and passionate pre match interview , his and waggys interview seemed to me that they were holding a bit back about attitudes of players etc , i may be wrong but possibly a few bad apples behind the scenes

Oh god that old bananas. There's never any bad apples when teams are winning.

25 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Of course, it's incredibly subjective. I always used to laugh when people would blame Kevin Phillips for our strikers not scoring goals based on nothing more than he used to be a striker himself. 

I saw he was on Quest commenting on the games - and us. He had the cheek to talk about how he'd coached Martin! ? Is he a coach now? Don't think he is. 

22 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Rosenior became a bit of a parody in my mind when he said he'd watched 1000 players this summer looking for potential signings. What a massive waste of time that must've been. Not to mention he was brought in to help Cocu acclimatise to Championship football. It's still the first thing thrown in his face that he doesn't know the league.

He could be doing a fantastic job, of course, but we have far more evidence to indicate otherwise. 

Rosenior was a very good analyst on Sky Sports, I was impressed with how he diseccted the play on games he covered, So when he came in I thought this was a good addition to the backroom staff ie having a dossier on the opposition without having to use binoculars ?

In todays game from Premier to Championship you see Laptops, Note pads and coaches galore, Fitness team, Medical team all there to do a job and help the team, Before a substitute enters the field of play he'll stand by his manager who'll with his arms and voice explain what he's to do, The substitute will then nod and nod away saying yes yes, Inevitably when the teams comes off after losing the game it would appear that those instructions fell on deaf ears, Of course it will have a positive effect on teams because there's those at the top and there's those at the bottom.

The purpose of Rosenior is to get the low down on the opposition...before the game sosmeone must tell the team in the changing room what they can expect, Now either these words of knowledge are either being thrown out with the baby and the bath water or the players fail to understand what their job is.

I was in a restaraunt the other week and in the kitchen was Gordon Ramsey, Jamie Oliver, Hesten Blumenthall, Rick Stein, Nigella Lawson and a drunk Delia Smith...the meal was awfull.

Archived