Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Birdyabroad said:

I think it’s reasonable to suggest that anyone planning to buy the club might be watching the game tonight, to check on the ‘product’.

Given how bang average we look and the lack of any discernible game plan, maybe nice guy Cocu is helping to drive the investors away.

I mean, who wants to spend £100 million on a team that looks destined for the 3rd tier of English football.

Keep it up agent Cocu ?

Loser mentality.

50 minutes ago, ziggyram59 said:

I think we need this takeover sorted out as soon as possible as much as I like Mel I think if he carries on running the club we are just going to get worse, no investment, a manager he won't get rid of and a team heading for League 1 football next season. 

Not really fair on Mel. He has invested up to the point he is allowed to due to FFP, and still bankrolls all outgoings. The manager was seen as a coup at the time of appointment, so just because his style doesn’t work in the Championship doesn’t mean he’s a terrible manager. Mel is responsible for supporting his managers and investing what he can.

A change may well bring good fortune, but there’s still risk that we continue our downward trajectory.

Don't know if this has been asked before but I would be having second thoughts about taking over the club after watching last night's performance and viewing our league position. 

Would be getting serious cold feet regards what am I letting myself in for - at what point does our league position put into jeopardy the whole deal. 

A lot rests on this now. If, as I understand it, FFP gets wiped clean you would expect this to happen before January and then enough reinforcements (plus a new manager) to come in during the Jan window and keep us up by our bootstraps. Big sponsorship deals fuel the push for promotion and all of this is a bit of a blip.

If it doesn't happen even Mel must be getting tired of throwing good money after bad. What more can the bloke do, even if he's able? Cocu was the plan, Cocu was 'his way' but it really looks like it hasn't worked out as a plan and to have to swallow that and go again - wow!

1 minute ago, BaaLocks said:

A lot rests on this now. If, as I understand it, FFP gets wiped clean you would expect this to happen before January and then enough reinforcements (plus a new manager) to come in during the Jan window and keep us up by our bootstraps. Big sponsorship deals fuel the push for promotion and all of this is a bit of a blip.

If it doesn't happen even Mel must be getting tired of throwing good money after bad. What more can the bloke do, even if he's able? Cocu was the plan, Cocu was 'his way' but it really looks like it hasn't worked out as a plan and to have to swallow that and go again - wow!

I could be wrong but i dont think this is true

Been a Cocu remainer, but having serious doubts from last night's performance. Can't see Mel causing a change in management during take over bid or indeed being able to. Just going to have to ride this out and hope we can improve until new investment enters the fore.Let's hope that if this take over occurs it is for the good of the club and we can move forward.

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

Would be getting serious cold feet regards what am I letting myself in for - at what point does our league position put into jeopardy the whole deal. 

You only have to look at Sunderland (a bigger club than us) to see how difficult it is to get proper investment when you end up in League 1.

2 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Don't know if this has been asked before but I would be having second thoughts about taking over the club after watching last night's performance and viewing our league position. 

False position for me though this team can play a hell of a lot better if players in right positions and managed properly.. The clubs got massive potential and theirs still time to get it right this season to finish higher up..

I think if the efl pass the takeover then Cocu is a dead man walking I would imagine he will be gone in hours.

I would hope a new manager is lined up if not then I would put Rossenior in temporary charge with Shay given.

Cocu looks so much out of his depth even after the game he looks and stares someone put me out of my misery and it won’t be long now Phil.

His footballing ideas don’t work in the championship we have the right players to get top 6.

The club is broken from top to bottom and needs a major overhaul and when Phil goes he needs to do the club one more favour and take Rooney with him he owes us that at least.

1 minute ago, Richard246 said:

I would put Rosenior in temporary charge with Shay given.

Cocu looks so much out of his depth

Then Rosenior and Given will look out of their depth too! There is plenty of experience in the Academy set up if a temp replacement is needed.

1 hour ago, BaaLocks said:

FFP Reset? Thought it was based on club accounts? 

The question I would like to know is how long before this takeover is complete? If it keeps rumbling on till January and Cocu is still in charge then I have no faith in the team and we are certain League 1 team next season, Cocu make Clement look a positive/entertaining manager. 

1 hour ago, Van Rammeister said:

You only have to look at Sunderland (a bigger club than us) to see how difficult it is to get proper investment when you end up in League 1.

Wow , ive read some things over the last few hours , but Sunderland bigger than us , wow just wow

14 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

Wow , ive read some things over the last few hours , but Sunderland bigger than us , wow just wow

By any objective measure they are.

A quick check of Wiki will inform you that they have: 

6 league titles (we have 2)

2 FA Cup wins (us 1)

1 Charity Shield (us 1)

2 League Cup Final appearances (us 0)

Plus- they have a 49,000 capacity stadium.

What criteria were you using? 

Archived