Abu Derby County

tinman

27 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

When I see tweets like this....

I can't help but visualise the poster like this...

giphy.gif

Did the idiot miss our two seasons in the third division and the winding up order where we were minutes from being out of business?

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

The fact it got to this stage before any news came out suggests to me we wont hear anything else until the EFL decision has been made

Judging by the EFL charge, by the time we hear anything the whole footballing landscape will have changed, Leicester will have suffered successive relegations, Brentford will be the top team in the UK, Mason Mount will be starting his England managerial job and Nottingham Forest will be confident they can end their 47th successive season outside the top flight.

4 hours ago, GboroRam said:

Not sure what the relevance of that is. Are you saying because some people don't have a problem, nobody should have a problem? If it was half a million would that make it OK to question their record? 

I am not inferring anything. I was stating a fact.

Of the 1.5 million that visit there, suggests maybe 1 of 4 things. A) they aren't away of any human rights issues. B) don't care. C) don't believe they are serious enough to warrant not going or D) are hypocrites. How many people on here that have issue with any human rights issues have actually visited UAE? 

Also another point to think about is that people in here are applying "British morals" to another country. People in other countries may think that there are human rights issues this country. For example mass murderers who get some jail time me and then are freed again. Ethical in some countries but not others I am sure. 

Apologies - haven't read all 63 pages of this thread so may have missed something but . . . 

. . . this guy is worth £500 million and has zero connection with Derby County.

Mel is a fan who is according to the Sunday Times worth £515 million.

Why would anyone get excited by this takeover unless the Sheikh has a lot of rich friends who are prepared to take a punt?

Just now, Half Fan Half Biscuit said:

Apologies - haven't read all 61 pages of this thread so may have missed something but . 

dont just don't do it, for your own sanity.

7 minutes ago, Half Fan Half Biscuit said:

Apologies - haven't read all 63 pages of this thread so may have missed something but . . . 

. . . this guy is worth £500 million and has zero connection with Derby County.

Mel is a fan who is according to the Sunday Times worth £515 million.

Why would anyone get excited by this takeover unless the Sheikh has a lot of rich friends who are prepared to take a punt?

Where does it say he’s only worth 500 million?

Is this Saudi guy intending to buy us the right Royal, or a chap with a similar name?

Is the bloke a multi billionaire, or got about the same amount of dosh as Mel?

I keep reading conflicting reports.  If he's only worth the same as Mel, what is the benefit to the club?

This whole thing confused me then again I'm a confused old git most of the time, so I keep getting told  

5 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

I keep reading conflicting reports.  If he's only worth the same as Mel, what is the benefit to the club?

it's got to be better than when we got sold to 3 fellas who paid 3 quid in 2s and 1s.

9 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

Is this Saudi guy intending to buy us the right Royal, or a chap with a similar name?

Is the bloke a multi billionaire, or got about the same amount of dosh as Mel?

This whole thing confused me then again I'm a confused old git most of the time, so I keep getting told  

I can tell you one thing for sure. HE IS NOT FROM SAUDI ARABIA.

48 minutes ago, Big Bad Bob said:

I am not inferring anything. I was stating a fact.

Of the 1.5 million that visit there, suggests maybe 1 of 4 things. A) they aren't away of any human rights issues. B) don't care. C) don't believe they are serious enough to warrant not going or D) are hypocrites. How many people on here that have issue with any human rights issues have actually visited UAE? 

Also another point to think about is that people in here are applying "British morals" to another country. People in other countries may think that there are human rights issues this country. For example mass murderers who get some jail time me and then are freed again. Ethical in some countries but not others I am sure. 

Still don't know what relevance it is. Fact or not it's not relevant. 

I am British and I have British morals. I would like my club to also have British morals, or at least vaguely compatible ones. I may be in a minority of one, but it would appear not looking at some of the people posting here. 

Ultimately it won't be decided on my objections, or likely on the majority of fans objections. But I don't have to like it. 

1 hour ago, Josh said:

What I wanna know is why do the Derby telegraph never get the exclusives? They never seem to be ITK anymore. 

Because Derby now have their own media department. 

There is  now social media 

There are now dedicated sports channels.

Archived