Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Think we are on the wrong thread for this philosophy debate as it slightly none footy related. (Though to be fair, probably a lot more interesting).

The point is, just because someone is ok to you it is morally dubious to ignore their behaviour to others. 

2 hours ago, Turk Thrust said:

My point in mentioning petrol in the first place was to highlight the dilemma faced in dealing with countries  which are not democracies and have poor human rights records, but on which we rely for substantial imports a proportion of which is petroI. I wasn’t really expecting a response asking which petrol I recommend. Sigh. 

So despite there being some mjingas on this forum I must raise above it and remember that we are all (well apart from Red Dawn) Rams fans and want the best for our club. A club which I have supported since the early 50s, living at the time in Dairyhouse Road within earshot of the BBG. Getting back to the original point, I think that Mel has taken us as far as he can and a fresh owner is required. Again back to the dilemma, do we want success and promotion, or stagnation. I know what I would prefer

I live in a democracy (UK) and I typically vote once every four years. The party that has the most MPs tends to win most of the Commons votes. My experience of political debates is basically watching people disagreeing with each other until the vote is won by the party with the most MPs. I do not have a PhD in Political Science. COYR

2 minutes ago, sage said:

The point is, just because someone is ok to you it is morally dubious to ignore their behaviour to others. 

I am neither ok or not ok (curiously) with the possible new owners. Got drawn into the thread by those drawing “facts” from internet browsers to decide which way they think.

(not addressing to you @sage at all, but just got chatting in the middle of this thread, which is rather unusual for me).

18 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

I am neither ok or not ok (curiously) with the possible new owners. Got drawn into the thread by those drawing “facts” from internet browsers to decide which way they think.

(not addressing to you @sage at all, but just got chatting in the middle of this thread, which is rather unusual for me).

so bi-curious then. Fair enough. 

18 minutes ago, DanS1992 said:

This thread needs to be locked, it is spiraling out of control. It is meant to be a football forum, not a political or ideological one. It is getting quite ridiculous. 

Excellently put  and agree with you  If it was football alone  then that would be another criteria   but posters are entitled to their own opinions  ?

1 hour ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Fair enough. I should clarify that I would also include knowledge obtained by any means other than using random internet searches.

Thank god you clarified. My opinions on drug use, drink driving, shooting myself in the face, drinking bleach and many other things were based on information and knowledge gleaned from others! For a minute, my fears were unfounded and I was about to try them first hand to validate my position. ? 

19 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Thank god you clarified. My opinions on drug use, drink driving, shooting myself in the face, drinking bleach and many other things were based on information and knowledge gleaned from others! For a minute, my fears were unfounded and I was about to try them first hand to validate my position. ? 

Start with the drugs, and see how it goes. 

Archived