Abu Derby County

tinman

13 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If ever you needed proof how poor the Daily Mail is, that article does it. They use s picture of a random Arab and claim him to be our man. It's easy to find pictures of our Sheikh Khaled.

If I was cut short and the Fail was available my a*se would reject it.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

Nobody knows who he is let's be honest

You're joking arent you?

There seem to be plenty on here that profess to knowing everything about him, ranging from his relationship to the rest of his to the inner workings of previous business details.

Amazing what knowledge people think Google gives them!

12 hours ago, ram1964 said:

This take over reminds me of a time I was selling a car,prospective buyers initially very keen, wanting to buy car under his own terms,forever showing interest making promises and wasting my time,if the guy had kicked one tyre he had kicked them all a dozen times or more. In the end told him I sold the vehicle  just to get rid of him.

THIS! ^^^

Do it Mel!  You know you want to!   ?

20 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Well according to John Percy the money could have been sent to us as early as by the end of Thursday, so assuming Sheikh Khaled has clicked send the money should have landed by now.

If the money hasnt landed by now I would imagine Mels backside is sweating a little.

I doubt it would have landed in our bank by now if it was only sent on Thursday.

58 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

I doubt it would have landed in our bank by now if it was only sent on Thursday.

I was only joking the other day when I said the money would be transferred via a camel.

If John Percy says it could have been sorted by the end of Thursday then I would imagine someone has given him that impression, which I would assume would be Derby, seeing as it would be Derby who spoke to Percy about the delay.

2 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I was only joking the other day when I said the money would be transferred via a camel.

If John Percy says it could have been sorted by the end of Thursday then I would imagine someone has given him that impression, which I would assume would be Derby, seeing as it would be Derby who spoke to Percy about the delay.

You may have jested, but in all seriousness a camel may be quicker as I expect the parties involved require a fair bit of research to make sure it's all legit.

1 hour ago, BIllyD said:

Correct.

I spent 30+ years working in banking but, it’s five years since I spent a short spell working in global payments, so I thought I’d check the oracle (Google) for up to to date timelines. Depending on how they sent the money (including if they had to route it through a third party bank - unlikely I think but possible) it seems it could typically take anything from 2 - 5 working days (so, excluding weekends and bank holidays).

If they did indeed “press the pay button” on Thursday, I would imagine it should arrive mid to late this week.

24 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Correct.

I spent 30+ years working in banking but, it’s five years since I spent a short spell working in global payments, so I thought I’d check the oracle (Google) for up to to date timelines. Depending on how they sent the money (including if they had to route it through a third party bank - unlikely I think but possible) it seems it could typically take anything from 2 - 5 working days (so, excluding weekends and bank holidays).

If they did indeed “press the pay button” on Thursday, I would imagine it should arrive mid to late this week.

48 hours from Monday ...  it’s getting close 

GBP is same day settlement the money would go in on the day as long as its <3pm, and a business  day , xmas, bx, nyd all holidays,  that is if the payment and receiver banks are all in UK. , tue 29th, wed  30th thurs  31 all good days for gbp to clear on the day

If its a cross border transfer, ie paying in USD then  that is still same day between US accounts, but the FX can take a day to clear but doesnt need to, then GBP same day... its two days not one.. unless paying in a less liquid currency... saudi is t+2 not same day

my guess is there is no delay waiting for clearance just hasn't been instructed in the first place, its a complex situation that points to a long chain of movements not just a/c to a/c cash moving... ie money is linked to lliquidation of assets elsewhere that is taking time its not waiting for cash to clear

6 minutes ago, mossjram said:

GBP is same day settlement the money would go in on the day as long as its <3pm, and a business  day , xmas, bx, nyd all holidays,  that is if the payment and receiver banks are all in UK. , tue 29th, wed  30th thurs  31 all good days for gbp to clear on the day

If its a cross border transfer, ie paying in USD then  that is still same day between US accounts, but the FX can take a day to clear but doesnt need to, then GBP same day... its two days not one.. unless paying in a less liquid currency... saudi is t+2 not same day

my guess is there is no delay waiting for clearance just hasn't been instructed in the first place, its a complex situation that points to a long chain of movements not just a/c to a/c cash moving... ie money is linked to lliquidation of assets elsewhere that is taking time its not waiting for cash to clear

This forum just gives and gives. Lectures on international finance for free ! Bet they don’t get that at florist 

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

I had to transfer a large sum of money between accounts last year and found out that the limit I could move was £10,000 per day. 

On that basis, I think the transfer might be complete in May 2037. ?

Maybe we could all chip in for the cost of a CHAPs payment. Then there’s no limit?

Sith Happens
4 minutes ago, angieram said:

I had to transfer a large sum of money between accounts last year and found out that the limit I could move was £10,000 per day. 

On that basis, I think the transfer might be complete in May 2037. ?

Show off ?

2 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

Show off ?

On the contrary. It was the most scary transaction I have made in my life and I have only ever done it once in my life. 

I don't even know what a CHAPS payment is, @Tamworthram! As you can see, my lighthearted post above was meant rather as an antidote to all the financial "experts" speculating on here, many of whom I assume. like me, have never had to transfer £60 million anywhere! 

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Correct.

When I send my Adult Children gifts through my bank I have 2 choices Pay Now or Pay Later, I click pay now and boom it's in their account straight away and disappeared from mine ??

Edit

This is pay now in Arabic..ادفع الآن.

Perphaps the computer said....No!

Archived