Abu Derby County

tinman

3 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I told you all 2 days ago, Sheikh Khaled rocked up at Pride Park with 60 million in cash and we turned him away as we arent accepting cash due to the Ramdemic.

He hot footed it to Santander with 60 million in a wheel Barrow and was last seen depositing the money into a self serve machine, he clearly didnt complete it before the branch shut so no doubt he will continue when Santander opens on Saturday.

I honestly dont get what all the panic is....

Thought that you were joking at first. 
Hopefully sorted by Monday then. 

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My take, total guess work...

Mel expected the takeover to be done by now, deadlines have been set and missed.

John Percy seems to only release stories when Mel is good and ready and with Mels wishes.

I think this is Mel throwing the last roll of the dice. It has been made public that as of yet no money has appeared in the accounts, as expected, resulting in players being paid late.

This is potentially very embarrassing for BZG and could damage their reputation even further given that they damaged their reputation with the Newcastle and Liverpool takeovers.

Mel is clearly publicly stating it is time to put up or p!!ss off at the same time as making the fans aware that any hold up isnt down to him, but down to BZG.

If there was nothing to worry about we would have had another joint statement from Mel and BZG, but we havent.

I personally expect the takeover to just dwindle away and Mel to release a statement to say further investment will be sought.

Not entirely sure I'd be too gutted now.

36 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Mel expected the takeover to be done by now, deadlines have been set and missed.

John Percy seems to only release stories when Mel is good and ready and with Mels wishes.

I think this is Mel throwing the last roll of the dice. It has been made public that as of yet no money has appeared in the accounts, as expected, resulting in players being paid late.

This is potentially very embarrassing for BZG and could damage their reputation even further given that they damaged their reputation with the Newcastle and Liverpool takeovers.

Mel is clearly publicly stating it is time to put up or p!!ss off at the same time as making the fans aware that any hold up isnt down to him, but down to BZG.

If there was nothing to worry about we would have had another joint statement from Mel and BZG, but we havent.

I personally expect the takeover to just dwindle away and Mel to release a statement to say further investment will be sought.

This is the most sensible take on it. Seems to have been a managed leak rather than annoyed player or agent let's the press have it.

Still, not a great look.

56 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If true (I hope /think not) it sounds more like Del Boy flogging a video cassette recorder than Mel selling the crown jewels and would be very disappointing. 

3 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

If true (I hope /think not) it sounds more like Del Boy flogging a video cassette recorder than Mel selling the crown jewels and would be very disappointing. 

I "liked" MackworthRamisGod's post but, come to think of it, I think you're right. 

Such a tactic would be incredibly unprofessional and extremely disappointing if true so, you can have two "likes"

4 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

NO  !  

If BZG didn't want to close, they would be saying : 'we are not obliged to close for the following reasons: [    ] '

They would NOT be saying "the cheque is in the post'.  Because by saying that they are admitting they are obliged to close.

The reason payments are often late at this time of year is: payment transfer systems are jammed and there are loads of bank holidays

Fasten your seatbelts and prepare for take off 

HNY ? 

It's obviously very near a conclusion, one way or another. BZG must have spent a considerable amount in professional fees and convinced Mel that they were serious for it to get to this stage. Consequently, I suspect it will complete shortly. 

On the slim chance that the money never appears, I wonder if there'll be an announcement? When the Gabay thing fell through, nothing was said. I hope that's not the case this time - a bit of closure would be helpful. 

21 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

It's obviously very near a conclusion, one way or another. BZG must have spent a considerable amount in professional fees and convinced Mel that they were serious for it to get to this stage. Consequently, I suspect it will complete shortly. 

On the slim chance that the money never appears, I wonder if there'll be an announcement? When the Gabay thing fell through, nothing was said. I hope that's not the case this time - a bit of closure would be helpful. 

Was the Gabay thing ever formally recognised by the club?

19 hours ago, SamUltraRam said:

Interesting that Rooney states we have two lists of transfer targets based on the takeover happening/not happening.

That must mean that the new owners have promised some transfer funds, surely ?

Yes, he did make that statement. But whether it means money to spend or just a wage amount allowable... But Wayne has his bases covered, lets hope new owners sign him up! ?

1 hour ago, CornwallRam said:

BZG must have spent a considerable amount in professional fees and convinced Mel that they were serious for it to get to this stage. Consequently, I suspect it will complete shortly. 

Like the fees they 'spent' on the Newcastle bid? ?

10 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Mel will sell

BZG will buy

We will be billionaires

Rooney will be confirmed

Phil Jones will be signed

CKR will birth my children

We will finish 11th

Forest will get relegated

2021 will be the greatest year ever

Happy New Year folks 

IMG-20201231-WA0003[1].jpg

What I find baffling more than anything is that this Shiekh tried to buy Newcastle for I think 250m if he had that sort of money and he was that determined to own a football club, then why is a poxy 60m so hard to sort out for Derby

1 minute ago, BriggRam said:

What I find baffling more than anything is that this Shiekh tried to buy Newcastle for I think 250m if he had that sort of money and he was that determined to own a football club, then why is a poxy 60m so hard to sort out for Derby

There is a very good chance he isnt buying Derby with his own money.

When there was talk of him buying Liverpool there was a Chinese investor willing to back him for 750 million.

He obviously finds a project (Liverpool/Newcastle/Derby), works all the sums out, pitches it to the many investors on his books and waits for someone to bite.

Twitter rumours suggest part of the delay as been due to initial investors backing out and Khaled rallying round other investors.

Archived