The front 3

Mafiabob

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I think we need a Shinnie type player in there, nice problem to have though....

I think Sibley is a shinnie type player, but he has other dimensions to his game too.

14 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Not sure he can do all of the defensive elements ?

Perhaps. It’s like switching from Willie Carlin to Archie Gemmill.

Others compensate for the loss of tackling and scrapping, but we gain a turbo charged boost going forwards.

nice problem really. 

2 hours ago, Longeatonram2020 said:

No coincidence that Forest grew into the game when Lawrence and Waghorn were clearly knackered. The front 3 looked brilliant, loved the interchanging and we actually used Buchanan and Byrne as proper wing back outlets, don’t think I’ve seen Buchanan have a better game for us. Can’t wait til Waghorn and Lawrence are fully fit, with Ibe to chuck in there too. 

I would add that when we have better/fitter subs on the bench we can make those subs earlier. 

8 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Perhaps. It’s like switching from Willie Carlin to Archie Gemmill.

Others compensate for the loss of tackling and scrapping, but we gain a turbo charged boost going forwards.

nice problem really. 

P.s. Willie - I still ? you to bits. 

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Can’t fit everyone in though, who does he replace, Knight, Lawrence or Shinnie?

None of them, take out one of the 3 CB's and go 4-2-3-1 with Lawrence, Jozwiak and Sibley all interchanging behind Waghorn, keep Knight and Shinnie as the 2

6 hours ago, dabber said:

None of them, take out one of the 3 CB's and go 4-2-3-1 with Lawrence, Jozwiak and Sibley all interchanging behind Waghorn, keep Knight and Shinnie as the 2

And still give the full backs permission to bomb on. We might concede more but it'll be fun and if our attacking play is as good as it theoretically looks, we will score more.

21 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

From what I saw of ibe in the under 23's today,he's quite the player and should be pretty fantastic for us once properly fit.

This is good to hear. I thought Ibe was really good in his first spell with us. Very surprised he didn't go on to light up the PL. With a bit of luck, he could be a quality signing.

On 23/10/2020 at 23:41, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Thought Tom Lawrence was outstanding today. Especially first half. Looked strong, fit and fast with excellent ball control. Coves and closed down well also. 

I think he really stepped up as a senior player, I thought he took on the responsibility. Huge credit to him for the turn around from the saga. But also credit to Cocu who has stood by his player and seemingly knows how to get the best out of a key player.

On 24/10/2020 at 13:33, Jimbo Ram said:

Can’t fit everyone in though, who does he replace, Knight, Lawrence or Shinnie?

Personally think a fully fit bielik comes in for shinnie. Not convinced by him even if I thought he didn’t have a bad game against forest. He should of buried that chance though. 

For me I think our strongest 11 when everyone’s fit should be a 4 3 3:

marshall (C)

byrne 

wisdom 

clarke 

buchanan

bielik 

knight 

sibley

jozwiak / Ibe 

Lawrence / ibe 

waghorn 

On 23/10/2020 at 23:41, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Thought Tom Lawrence was outstanding today. Especially first half. Looked strong, fit and fast with excellent ball control. Coves and closed down well also. 

The lad worked hard in fairness ,let's hope this is his season to shine

Archived