The front 3

Mafiabob

Loved the fluidity of them tonight. Just imagine when they are all 100%

Also, Knight and Shinnie complimented each other very well.

Knight is the most developed player out the academy since Hughes and Hendrick. Got some future 

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obviously it’s a big improvement over a front three of holmes  Rooney and knight, Which is all we had v Watford.

neither Lawrence nor jozwiak seem to be wingers. But they can run at the opposition and jozwiak can actually hold the ball.

I’d love it if we could get Sibley back in too.

11 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Obviously it’s a big improvement over a front three of holmes  Rooney and knight, Which is all we had v Watford.

neither Lawrence nor jozwiak seem to be wingers. But they can run at the opposition and jozwiak can actually hold the ball.

Add Ibe and Holmes to that as well and it doesn't sound too bad

44 minutes ago, RamNut said:

That's one thing I've noticed. He seems surprisingly strong and can put himself about.

6 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

From what I saw of ibe in the under 23's today,he's quite the player and should be pretty fantastic for us once properly fit.

It will be nice to have options. For now I'll settle for having what looks to be a fluid sharp first choice front 3.

Lawrence was an animal. Really liked Jozwiak since day one. 

I wanted Waghorn to win poty last year. He’s not always good but he's always there. And if he's only good half the time he's there then that's still twice as much as most players. 

His attitude is inspirational. It's characters like that every club needs. He's frustrating but he leads by example. Like Bradley Johnson was one massively frustrating player but he was always digging in when better players were perhaps not doing all they could. 

That flick from Waghorn into Lawrence was like a Martin and Bryson moment. If I remember right Lawrence should have probably put Jozwiak through to complete the move and then we wouldn't need alternative websites this evening

2 hours ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Ibe does seem to have bulked up which makes me wonder if he could play up front, Antonio style (Moyes seems to have turned him into a very good CF), just a thought.

Ibe started off as a striker, and in a podcast that he did in the summer said he still would prefer to play there. 

9 hours ago, RamNut said:

Yes it is going to be a case of trying to fit them all in. A nice selection headache for Cocu in a few weeks time once everyone is fit ? 

41% possession but attacking is far better than possession for possession sake.

4 attacking players, not 3. Wingbacks, especially Buchanan pushed forward.

Bit how good did we look in 4-3-3. Granted we only had 15 minutes of it but I so prefer this.

Either way, if Cocu does remain as manager he’s hopefully learnt a LOT tonight.

No coincidence that Forest grew into the game when Lawrence and Waghorn were clearly knackered. The front 3 looked brilliant, loved the interchanging and we actually used Buchanan and Byrne as proper wing back outlets, don’t think I’ve seen Buchanan have a better game for us. Can’t wait til Waghorn and Lawrence are fully fit, with Ibe to chuck in there too. 

Think the goal that wasn't a goal is a cracking example of them working together.

Waghorn has come over to the right to challenge for the goal kick which pulls a centre back over with him, Jozwiak stays fairly wide so the right back can't tuck and Lawrence drifts into the centre where the space is going to appear. Waghorn wins the ball which means Lawrence can immediately drive into a dangerous area and suck defenders in before releasing it to Jozwiak.

1 hour ago, Longeatonram2020 said:

The front 3 looked brilliant, loved the interchanging and we actually used Buchanan and Byrne as proper wing back outlets, don’t think I’ve seen Buchanan have a better game for us. Can’t wait til Waghorn and Lawrence are fully fit, with Ibe to chuck in there too. 

if we could add Sibley, that would be equivalent to lighting the blue touch paper before standing back to admire. 

Archived