Jason Knight

MackworthRamIsGod

He had a storming game against Norwich in central midfield, his natural position, anyone else surprised he hasnt featured in central midfield since?

We had 3 strikers on the bench, if any of them are deemed fit enough to play, start with one and put Knight in midfield where he is clearly nost effective.

I honestly thought Jamal Hector-Ingram would start tonight with Knight in the centre, JHI didnt even get a minute.

I fear with Cocu that he sees Knight as Mr Dependable and he will constantly be shifted from position to position, when really he should be first name on the team sheet for me at the minute, in the middle and everyone else can fit round him!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

He had a storming game against Norwich in central midfield, his natural position, anyone else surprised he hasnt featured in central midfield since?

Not at all surprised, Cocu does random things where players are concerned. Can’t see how it will help any of our young players development. 

Pretty much exactly what I said before the game. Jason Knight has never, and will never, be a winger. He’s a centre mid, and he’s to to be playing there in any formation. To be fair, he did play more centrally today, but he was too far forward to have a real impact on the game. He needs to be the main man in that midfield two imo, that’s where he will have the biggest positive impact on the team.

He’s been the highlight of the season for me. My MoM again last night by a country mile.

He still has more energy in the last 90 than some do in the first minute, but his game is so much more than running around.

Look at the amount of times he intercepts the ball through reading of the game and he rarely loses possession. In fact his game craft has improved considerably this season, look at the amount of free kicks he wins for the team. 

Cracking player, can’t speak highly enough of him - first name on the team sheet.

Get bird out the midfield and Knight in there absolutely dreadful bird was last night and doesn't deserve a place in the team anymore he needs a few games out and bring him back in in a few weeks! Achually thought we missed Rooney last night even tho i dont think he does much but missed a good set piece taker 

If we go 5-4-1 against Forest, he has to drop into the two with Shinnie and Waghorn going up front instead of Bird.

Long term I'd like him in a freer role, as he had for most of last night, but we need his energy and battle in the centre of midfield right now.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived