Derbyshire cricket 2021

jimbo jones

3 hours ago, ShoreRam said:

Be good to see Scrimshaw and Rampaul back - So much pressure on the young batters though. No offence to Anuj Dal but it would be good to see him given a break as well, his confidence must be shot.

We say that about Dal every season.

Been chatting to some fans on Twitter who are at the ground and are less than impressed with the club and ground staffs attempts to get the game started. 

Statements like, “didn't pull their finger out of their arse and start working on the pitch until gone 10” and “spent more time arsing around than working on the pitch” ?‍♂️

Things are grim enough without this. Looking tinpot off the field as well as on it, doesn't bode well at all.

Edit: latest news.....pitch looking bad....for some reason

78E137B2-26FE-46D4-9139-9F61B3B3DCC6.png

Edited by jimbo jones

I don't know the intricacies of preparing a cricket pitch, but being sat around with bored children who don't understand why nothing’s happening when it's sunny. Is one of the most frustrating things about cricket.

7 minutes ago, Barb said:

I don't know the intricacies of preparing a cricket pitch, but being sat around with bored children who don't understand why nothing’s happening when it's sunny. Is one of the most frustrating things about cricket.

This is why Ive never taken my kids ?

Random thing that happened today. I asked on the Facebook page if Mikey Cohen was injured, I couldn't remember an injury, but figured if he's not getting a look in when we are this short of players he must be....

Next thing, I get a private message from Mikey Cohen himself, where he explains to me how he injured his back trying to hard to bowl Alistair Cook out against Essex and he's out for the season.

He’s now my favourite Derbyshire player ?