Derbyshire cricket 2021

jimbo jones

3 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Leicestershire 87-1 at lunch, Ben Aitchison with the only wicket. Looks a lovely pitch for batting, so we will probably be bowled out for 180 when we get a go ?

How about taking your NFL pick! ?

51 minutes ago, ShoreRam said:

Wickets falling everywhere, apart from Derby!

It's a weird one, don't know what the other pitches are like, but this one isn't one you would expect wickets to tumble. No swing, no seam movement, no spin (wouldnt expect it on day 1), clear sky and perfect for batting. 

A couple of slip catches dropped by Madsen, both from Evans on 84 and 85, and he was eventually out for 88, so it didn't make much difference. The big question is will we make batting look as easy as Leicestershire have....probably not.

8 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Only one slight positive was keeping a lid on the scoring. Absolutely no urgency in the Leicestershire batting, which is a little surprising. Innocuous bowling or an absolute road? Only time and the change of innings will tell.

Still, it's nice in the sunshine, and nice having a chat to @Curtains.

Yeah, by my calculations I think they only got 3 batting bonus they were so slow. I'm fully expecting us to get bowled out twice for less than they get, can only hope I'm being a pessimist.

26 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Yeah, by my calculations I think they only got 3 batting bonus they were so slow. I'm fully expecting us to get bowled out thrice for less than they get, can only hope I'm being a pessimist.

FYFY.

Leics 528 all out.

Can we play "last man stands"?

Edited by Grumpy Git