Derbyshire cricket 2021

jimbo jones

10 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

For all the talk of the batting, the bowling is looking a bigger problem. We don’t look like getting wickets and we can’t keep it even remotely tight.

Missing Sam Conners - big time. Also Luis Reece, Ben Aichison, Dustin Melton and Wayne Madson.

I don't think I've ever seen a season for key players - and their replacements - being injured like this one.

Edited by Eddie

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Missing Sam Conners - big time. Also Luis Reece, Ben Aichison, Dustin Melton and Wayne Madson.

I don't think I've ever seen a season for key players - and their replacements - being injured like this one.

Critchley possibly the biggest miss with the ball, Conners hasn't played much white ball cricket, and hasn't done well when he has....still early though. Will be a big miss if he's still not available when we play with the red ball again.

One more one day game left, home to Surrey on Thursday. Then it’s an 18 day wait until the first of the 4 remaining championship games, when we head down to Lords. In theory playing teams more at our level ?

Dont believe they’ve officially made their minds up, what the plan is for next year’s championship is yet.

7 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

One more one day game left, home to Surrey on Thursday. Then it’s an 18 day wait until the first of the 4 remaining championship games, when we head down to Lords. In theory playing teams more at our level ?

Dont believe they’ve officially made their minds up, what the plan is for next year’s championship is yet.

I wish they'd just do 3 divisions of 6 with promotion & relegation, 10 game season.

24 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I wish they'd just do 3 divisions of 6 with promotion & relegation, 10 game season.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s something like that, but with some sort of next phase, as I don’t see them dropping the Bob Willis trophy part. I like having a marquee game at Lords at the end, and counties will want more than 5 home championship games. The middle bit needs to make more sense, I don’t have much faith they won’t over complicate it next season though.

Squad for tomorrow.

Brooke Guest self isolating, so Daryn Smit will be wicket keeping. Last played in 2019, since then he’s been the clubs head of talent pathway.

also no Hudson-Prentice.....yeah, well, just give all the young lads a game and if they get hammered so be it.

FBAE732A-C15C-4424-9506-1122D52AB4BD.jpeg