Derbyshire cricket 2021

jimbo jones

Just now, sage said:

They didn't get the memo.  

Been a couple of close calls, but once again we just don’t look like taking many wickets. The opposition don’t like to give 3 or 4 wickets away like we do either. Which I think is a bit unfair...

5 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Everyone back here Friday for the next dose of misery then. Unbeaten table topping Glamorgan come to the County Ground.

I’m just keeping the faith that one game...just the one, it will all come together and we will win, and I don’t want to miss it ?

I admire your optimism. It's a long time since I've been so depressed about Derbyshire cricket. We need some changes at the top.

5 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Billy Godleman ruled out for the rest of the one day cup with a quad injury. 

Explains the young lad getting the call up.

Why couldn't he have got a calf injury this quick into the 20/20 season? ?

and he was doing OK in the one-dayers.... So Derbyshire!

Just now, rammieib said:

Why couldn't he have got a calf injury this quick into the 20/20 season? ?

and he was doing OK in the one-dayers.... So Derbyshire!

50 overs is his game, he averages over 40 in it i’m sure (quick google) it's 43.37 which is pretty good especially compared to his first class average which is only 32.24. So yeah, standard Derbyshire, he gets a century then gets injured in the format you do want him playing ?‍♂️

39 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Squad for tomorrow....no Scrimshaw which makes we wonder if he was never actually fit again after injury.

I’d leave out Dal and Priestley, but I'm sure they will play Dal.

00FC5B7D-1939-417C-87C7-20602ADB551A.jpeg

I’ve never really sussed out what Dal does apart from field. Rarely bats or bowls and doesn’t seem to do much when he does or am I being harsh ? 

19 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

I’ve never really sussed out what Dal does apart from field. Rarely bats or bowls and doesn’t seem to do much when he does or am I being harsh ? 

I’d say you’ve hit the nail on the head. He’s an incredible fielder, and they seem desperate for him to justify his place in the team, but he just doesn’t. He’s never bowled much, but as it’s become clear he can’t cut it as a batsman, they’ve turned to giving him overs.

He has 3 50’s and 11 wickets in first class games, but it feels like they were all a couple of years ago now. He’s never done much with bat or ball in the shorter formats apart from 1 50, which accounts for over half of his runs.

3475F492-CE3A-4848-883D-246BB6B28583.png

Team for today, the 2 young spinners left out, I wouldn’t have left Connor Marshall out after how well he bowled in the last game...but they’ve gotta keep Dal in the team so....

we won the toss and will bowl first, which is a first this season I think. Hopefully we do a better job of chasing.

AF819759-6AEC-47BB-AFE5-FEA5E4086DD0.jpeg

Edited by jimbo jones

2 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Team for today, the 2 young spinners left out, I wouldn’t have left Connor Marshall out after how well he bowled in the last game...but they’ve gotta keep Dal in the team so....

we won the toss and will bowl first, which is a first this season I think. Hopefully we do a better job of chasing.

AF819759-6AEC-47BB-AFE5-FEA5E4086DD0.jpeg

Gonna rain all day so don't think it matters.

Just now, jimbo jones said:

Delayed start. Checked the live stream, it's chucking it down. No rain up near Belper yet, giving me some false optimism ?

I’m at work in Burton and it’s now stopped… but I think it’s just going to keep coming back all day. Be one of those by the time you prep it to start it will have started raining again.