Derbyshire cricket 2021

jimbo jones

Harvey Hosein has retired from professional cricket at the age of 25 due to his concussion issues. Terrible news to see a talented local lad have his career cut short. Watched his interview about his decision, and fully understand his decision. Health comes first.

On 05/10/2021 at 07:21, jimbo jones said:

Matt Critchley getting accolades all over the place. Think the only team of the year he's not in, is the BBC one votes by fans...because fans are stupid.

Named as one of the 5 county cricketers of the year.....

He's not playing for us next year is he? ?

Can’t understand why Critchley hasn’t been picked for the England Lions squad ?

14 hours ago, rammieib said:

So our best player has gone.

We are already the worst team in the country as a whole over all formats.

No coach.

So depressing being a Derby sports lover.

The bowling part I'm not that concerned over, he was never a spinner who bowled teams out.

We were already short in the batting, so to lose our most consistent batsman, after already losing Hosein as well is a massive blow.

Also a good fielder and was a big personality on the pitch and already a leader. I just hope we can find a good player to replace him, plus also bring in a good overseas player who actually plays would also be nice.

26 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

The bowling part I'm not that concerned over, he was never a spinner who bowled teams out.

We were already short in the batting, so to lose our most consistent batsman, after already losing Hosein as well is a massive blow.

Also a good fielder and was a big personality on the pitch and already a leader. I just hope we can find a good player to replace him, plus also bring in a good overseas player who actually plays would also be nice.

Agreed - But it’s the 20/20 I go to, so selfishly I want us to have the best 20/20 team available.

If we matched/beat Essex offer and he’s gone for Div One play, then fair play, he’s leaving for the right reasons and best of luck to him.

42 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Agreed - But it’s the 20/20 I go to, so selfishly I want us to have the best 20/20 team available.

If we matched/beat Essex offer and he’s gone for Div One play, then fair play, he’s leaving for the right reasons and best of luck to him.

Yeah, if he’d gone to a middle of the pack team i’d have been disappointed, but can't blame him for going to Essex who have become a really good team. 

2 hours ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

It’s all a bit depressing. Cricket has gone the way of football. The days of us being able to compete are long gone. Good luck to Critchley and all hail Anij Dal as his successor!

Certainly more difficult, but Essex aren’t a test venue team and spent a lot of time in division 2 before recent success. In the short format Kent, Essex, Worcester and Northants are all recent t20 winners. It is possible to have some success.

A big problem we’ve had is when we have had a good season, we’ve followed it up with an absolutely terrible one. We don’t build any momentum which doesn’t inspire players to stay/sign. 

1 minute ago, jimbo jones said:

Certainly more difficult, but Essex aren’t a test venue team and spent a lot of time in division 2 before recent success. In the short format Kent, Essex, Worcester and Northants are all recent t20 winners. It is possible to have some success.

A big problem we’ve had is when we have had a good season, we’ve followed it up with an absolutely terrible one. We don’t build any momentum which doesn’t inspire players to stay/sign. 

i rather think it's more down to money. He will double his wages playing there 

8 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Think it’s in the statement that the club released that they offered him more money than Essex did to stay.

interesting, i was told he had had a significantly bigger offer, good that we tried to invest in keeping him

48 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Went back to check, that’s what they say. Hopefully there’s some decent money available for his replacement.

90C3F774-E384-41AF-BB73-AE095D2D3D4B.jpeg

Yeah i read that. I am genuinely surprised at that. We have the lowest playing budget in the County Championship.