Are Jakes Buxtons Burton Albion going down

Curtains

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ben Robinson has a reputation for giving his managers a chance. Pesch was the only one he's actually sacked since they've been in the EFL... and that was after a run of 12 defeats out of 15 games (the other 3 being draws). He's still backing Bucko at the minute, they signed a young CB on loan from Leicester the other day (who had a great game today) but they're still struggling. There's a lot of new players, both in defence and up front, that just haven't 'gelled' yet. At that rate, I'd say he has got until Christmas to turn it around. I hope he does... always liked Bucko as a player.

44 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

So, is It possible that just maybe, just maybe, Nigel Clough was actually doing a good job there then....? 

Fair comment. It’s shows there is much more to management than wearing a nice v neck jumper with a club tie, chinos and Rowett style smart/casual trainer shoes. 

On 11/10/2020 at 19:52, MuespachRam said:

So, is It possible that just maybe, just maybe, Nigel Clough was actually doing a good job there then....? 

?

He's done a decent job everywhere he's been with very little money to spend. He just lacked a little of his old man's spark to turn genuine hard work and team building into true success.

Jake Buxton.

If one footballer in the modern era deserves love and respect its him.

Young Cloughy brought him to Derby as an unknown, underrated , journeyman, a hoof ball merchant some of us thought.

Jake turned into one of the best CB's in the Championship. He was consistent, could read the game, a great tackler, good in the air and as brave as a lion. He could spray the ball out better than most. With a yard more pace he would have been Premier League class.

One drunken away game, we sang about Jake Beckenbauer on the train home. probably after his late winner at Elland Road, and the love for the guy felt real that day.

Top man and I hope he can be as good a manager as he was a player.

Reckon he was my favourite footballer.

When he turned up for training with his kit in a carrier bag - not even a supermarket bag, one of those bags you get from the off licence no less - that was peak Buxton.

Great raking passes out from the back, last minute winner against Forest, goals against Leeds, massive beard... Proper footballer, ultimate cult hero.

Hope he does a job at Burton.

On 10/10/2020 at 17:07, Coconut said:

24 goals conceded in 9 games

21 in 8 if you exclude Villa in the cup (which I'd say is fair to do)

13 from 5 in the league, which would be 119 conceded over the season  if that rate continued... although of course it won't because life doesn't work like that.

Not great, is it?

Mate,it's no different to us.

And that's not great either.

Archived