Are Jakes Buxtons Burton Albion going down

Curtains

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Out the cup today, even less revenue this year.

Brewers demise is probably the only team that’s near rivalling our current form and they have little depth.

For all Ben’s backing of his managers, I fear Bucko hasn’t got long.

He could come to us!

I know a few Burton Fans , whom have said that its very plausible that they could possibly fall through the league's ( sad but true ) .

With a capacity  of only just over 6,000  they couldn't make ends meet  . Only last season they were getting average  gates of a mere 2000 plus 

yet when they lost 9 - 0  to Man City apprantly  the whole of Burton , and other nearby towns  went to watch ( despite it being on sky )  and could have sold there allocation  5 times over if not more .

Now the vile pandemic  is here  obviously  as effected them like the rest of us 

there quick and rapid demise is nothing to do with Clough or Buxton  infact if Pep or Jose was in charge  they,d still be on a downwards spiral " THEY JUST LIVE IN HOPE " 

• 1 month later...

I was listening to a bit of the Burton talk on radio Derby this afternoon, while I worked out what to do with my afternoon in absence of the ram, the situation for Brewers sounds remarkably similar to us a few weeks ago.

Struggling to score more than 1 a game.

Playing 1 up front, a forward better suited to the wide role than main striker and not able to hold it up.

Conceding way too many goals in second half of games.

Hopefully Jake can do something Rooney-esque to turn them round. They might just be in need of a tweak of personanel or shape to start recording some points and gaining confidence ?

I follow Burton quite closely (and did post earlier in the thread about Ben Robinson giving managers time and Bucko deserving time etc.). It's getting to the stage now where a change has to be made. With the squad Burton have, there's no way they should be bottom of that league. January's coming up... and so there is a chance for changes to be made to the squad. Sadly, it's the ideal time to get rid; otherwise they will be going down. Whether funds are there or not to facilitate a change and bring in a manager that could make a difference is a different question though.

• 2 weeks later...

That really did seem like a make or break game. Just watching the scores change in the live up dates it seemed like they couldn’t catch any sort of break. They’d go one up and be pegged back a moment later. Almost seemed inevitable they’d end up losing it in the end, and that would be that.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Jake back at Moor Farm in some capacity. He was coaching the U15s whilst still playing at Burton so I'd expect to see him pop back up soon enough. Highly thought of by Mel and co and would always be a good person to have back around the club.

Archived