Are Jakes Buxtons Burton Albion going down

Curtains

On 30/12/2020 at 09:20, FindernRam said:

I guess he's is not exactly wealthy, knows only football, too old to play and has a poor management CV. I feel for him and his future.

Though it was only for a few years, I'm sure he earned a very good salary at Derby. Even if he was on a below-average wage for the Championship, say 2k a week, that's clearly an excellent chance to set yourself up for a good few years if you're sensible (I highly doubt he'd be buying flash cars and unnecessary items).

And I'm sure I read somewhere that he'd been on a building site or something in the past. I'm sure he'd be humble enough to find a job outside of football if necessary.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Though it was only for a few years, I'm sure he earned a very good salary at Derby. Even if he was on a below-average wage for the Championship, say 2k a week, that's clearly an excellent chance to set yourself up for a good few years if you're sensible (I highly doubt he'd be buying flash cars and unnecessary items).

And I'm sure I read somewhere that he'd been on a building site or something in the past. I'm sure he'd be humble enough to find a job outside of football if necessary.

Unnecessary items like a kitbag?

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/01/2021 at 19:53, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Sure he would have made a reasonable salary at Derby after 2014.  Think most of the squad had an improved contract . (On 30 June 2014, Jake Buxton signed a new three-year contract with Derby County, which would see him stay at the club until the end of the 2016/17 season )He would have got a very nice bonus getting to the playoffs as well a couple of times.  

Archived