Curtis Davies

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blood and guts today, wasn't he? Got nothing but respect for the man. Great with the younger players, an absolute rock at times and always seemingly in watershed type games. Balanced, eloquent and loves a bounce. Surely going to end up a top coach or manager given the breaks. I did wonder when they extended his contract but hey, shows how much I know! ?‍♀️

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Thought that was more a 'we have to' than a 'we choose to'?

Top up that half empty glass Roy ?

In all seriousness, Marshall's brilliance notwithstanding, Curtis won us that game today. Even with my rose-tinted's on, 2 or 3-1 might have been a fairer result, but we're owed a  bit of luck I guess.

2 hours ago, Coconut said:

His radio Derby interview was revealing, to a degree. Wanted to express his views but as he's not been one of those playing he didn't feel it was his place (it's not the way he goes about things) and that the team meeting was the perfect place for him to air those views. All very respectfully said of course but you could see he'd been itching to get his chance (on and off-field)

Talked a lot about having communicators on the pitch, constantly guiding the team on what to do and giving little reminders to people throughout, the on-field management which (my words) can really only come from other players, not from the touchline. 

Is that a criticism of the manager? I guess it is, but let's temper that with some balance and say that I think there's been an element of pressure on Cocu to include the youth players which  maybe has blindsided him, at times, to the benefits of players like Davies.  (Although he regularly talks of the importance of such players)

It's also one of those situations though where some fans have dismissed the impact of us missing Waghorn.

Curtis is the new Keogh but not a perfect match. Talisman for team spirit.

3 hours ago, Coconut said:

His radio Derby interview was revealing, to a degree. Wanted to express his views but as he's not been one of those playing he didn't feel it was his place (it's not the way he goes about things) and that the team meeting was the perfect place for him to air those views. All very respectfully said of course but you could see he'd been itching to get his chance (on and off-field)

Talked a lot about having communicators on the pitch, constantly guiding the team on what to do and giving little reminders to people throughout, the on-field management which (my words) can really only come from other players, not from the touchline. 

Is that a criticism of the manager? I guess it is, but let's temper that with some balance and say that I think there's been an element of pressure on Cocu to include the youth players which  maybe has blindsided him, at times, to the benefits of players like Davies.  (Although he regularly talks of the importance of such players)

It's also one of those situations though where some fans have dismissed the impact of us missing Waghorn.

Yes that sums up what I thought was a really good interview. Excellent observations, he obviously sees everything that's going on. Very articulate in the way he made all of his points. 

5 hours ago, cannable said:

I don’t think anybody 25 or under will have seen a better pure defender for Derby (we were, at most, one for McGrath and five for West). 

Barker and Shackell were top Championship centre-halves and he’s an amalgamation of all of their best bits.

He’s been in England squads and I can’t believe he never got a cap.

Still don’t think I’ve seen a better CB performance than the one he put in against Mitrovic in the Play Off Semi Final First Leg under Rowett.

Regardless of what happened after, he was simply stupendous.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived