What’s the latest on injuries?

Taribo

I’ve not heard much from the club regarding when we are likely to be seeing Waggy, Tom and Duane back. I heard there was a set back with Waggy and Tom but no provisional dates as yet? 

Krystian looks bang on course for a slow reintroduction starting next month.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Taribo said:

I’ve not heard much from the club regarding when we are likely to be seeing Waggy, Tom and Duane back. I heard there was a set back with Waggy and Tom but no provisional dates as yet? 

Krystian looks bang on course for a slow reintroduction starting next month.

Cocu already said no change on injury front from Tuesday night. 

1 minute ago, Animal is a Ram said:

At least 2 weeks for all of them.

Only Bielik is training with the team, as it stands. Waggy and Loz are doing some individual work.

Given the regular stick Lawrence and Waggy get when playing, their time out has hopefully given fans time to reflect on the qualities that they do bring to the team. 

We have missed them both, big time, in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

Given the regular stick Lawrence and Waggy get when playing, their time out has hopefully given fans time to reflect on the qualities that they do bring to the team. 

Fell apart last season when they were suspended at the same time too. Waghorn is our best striker and Lawrence our best source of goals so they’re big misses for us.

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

Definitely. 25 goals from last season missing. The team will be much stronger with both of them back in.

16 minutes ago, angieram said:

what she said yes GIF by TipsyElves.com

Lawrence especially. There's a chance by the time Waghorn is fit we've brought players in to displace him but I can't see that happening with Tom; easily had his best season performance wise (imo) last season.

All players can be improved on....if you have the money to do so, Lawrence included. But you only have to look at the goals scored in the games both Lawrence and Waghorn have been out to see where the problem lies and how much we've missed them. 

*Wait's for the Chris Martin is also a huge loss replies* ?

Yeah of course - I just think its very unlikely we'll be able to bring in enough attacking quality to displace Lawrence without splashing big money. Think displacing Waghorn is a more manageable feat.

We should always look to be displacing everyone, really - that's how you improve. Either a better player comes in and takes the spot or the current player steps up and improves themselves.

We saw the latter a lot with Johnny Russell. We kept bringing people in we thought would push him out the team and he kept finding another gear.

5 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Chris Martin is also a huge loss. 

You're quite correct. Even Wayne Rooney has weighed in on the debate. I read an article the other day but can't seem to find it now. Anyway it went something like this:

Interviewer: "So Wayne, you've had a long and successful career but who is the best player you've played with." 

Rooney: " I'm probably going to surprise you with this but it is most definitely Chris Martin. He is the reason I've shaved my beard off. The constant tears since he left ? were running down my face and collecting in my beard and thus making it a soggy mess. I miss him so much."

**Disclaimer: I can't find the article because I may have fabricated it a teeny weeny bit. ?

On 18/09/2020 at 09:47, angieram said:

I’ll be the first to admit that I’ve never been their biggest fan, but with them out the side we have gone from looking middle table to relegation scrap. Hopefully with them back, another new winger, striker and bielik, we will actually have enough to push top 6. 

9 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

Is this going to be one of those seasons whereby we are hampered by injuries. It is one after the other, with the squad now looking paper thin. 

One of those seasons? You say that as though that isnt normal.

Every single season we are hampered by injuries.

George Thorne doing his ACL first game in a friendly.

George Thorne breaking his leg just before the playoffs.

Chris Martin being injured during a crucial part of the season when we had Darren Bent.

Losing Hughes and Brysin in the first game against Bolton, which then prompted us to sign Butterfield and Johnson (just how much did those 2 injuries cost us).

Bielik last year.

The list really does go on and on.

Archived