Those embarrassing "Brainfart" moments.

Mostyn6

I had a really bad "Brainfart" moment last week.

I took my mother to my recently deceased Aunt's house last week to help clear it out, when I pulled up at the side of the road, I reversed to get closer to the car behind, then turned off the ignition. I tried to remove the key from the ignition and it was stuck, so I tried to start the car again and couldn't. I turned the key back and forth but couldn't get it to release.

I was groaning to my mother, "oh for Bamford's-sake, I'm gonna have to call out the AA!". Before that, I decided to Google it, and saw a response saying that the car needed to be in PARK for the key to release. I looked down at the GSM and I was in Drive for some reason! I must be in the habit of going from Reverse to Drive (and not Park). I put the Gear Shifter to Park and the key released. Mother was not impressed! "How long have you had this bloody car?" she yawped.

Anyhoo, have you had any recent brainfart moments?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just had several such moments in a short period of time. Not only did I get up and put my purple crocs on, I then had a photo taken of me wearing them in the garden with a slightly effeminate lift of my heel. I wasn’t wearing socks and had shorts on because it was hot. 

What made it worse was that some numpty called basil or coriander or some such, found the photos and put them on a public forum thingy just to make fun of me.

Big brainfarting. 

51 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

Just had several such moments in a short period of time. Not only did I get up and put my purple crocs on, I then had a photo taken of me wearing them in the garden with a slightly effeminate lift of my heel. I wasn’t wearing socks and had shorts on because it was hot. 

What made it worse was that some numpty called basil or coriander or some such, found the photos and put them on a public forum thingy just to make fun of me.

Big brainfarting. 

That’ll be Sage, a total herb.

Mrs ramit and i have been on the lookout for a newer car these past weeks.  We tried out a Hyundai Tucson a couple of days ago and i felt the brakes were a bit dodgy, so after driving around the area for a while and parking it back at the car sales lot, i forget the warning from a friend and pushed my hand inside the wheel rim to feel how much was left of the brakes and instantly regretted it.  Burned the back of two fingers quite badly on the glowing hot break disc.  A quick return home to apply Aloa Vera juice from our plant, which i have been doing a few times a day since.  That'll teach me.

I bought a brand new cylinder mower. 

The blades gleamed - it was a beauty. 

I cut a strip of lawn and when I reached the end of the garden flipped the cable as I had done with the previous mower. Except this cable was longer. The cable looped into the air and in slow motion as my mouth dropped, fell gently onto the spinning blades with a luminous blue puff. 

I'd had it five minutes and had to call upon the services of my son-in-law to do the necessary re-cabling. 

image.png.a9b60d1d9028fa3c5af129b1fdf95a25.png

On 20/08/2020 at 16:25, TimRam said:

Putting something down and forgetting where I put it. Car keys usually. Either that or spooning beans into my ears....that usually gives me bad brain farts.

Rotate keys, phone, glasses, wallet, bank card I've for some reason taken out of the wallet all in a 15 minute frantic spell of running round in circles and you have my routine every time I go out of the house.

My biggest ever brain fart was far more dangerous and shameful though, parked at the top of my street, distracted by music, got out of the car, walked into the house, 5 seconds after entering the door and BANG, what was that?

I think you can guess what that was, and despite it feeling like a disaster at the time thank duck someone's parked car got in the way, otherwise it would have gone down the entire street and through the front of someone's house. It could have rolled over someone's pet, or another person, but for sheer luck. 

if things had been fallen differently  I would probably have been in prison now for serious negligence, or worse negligence resulting in death.

Needless to say I now check with a level bordering on paranoia that the handbreak is fully engaged, gear in, wheels turned, about 4 times every time I park up, then watch the car for 30 seconds, and check it again periodically throughout the day just to make sure it hasn't moved.

3 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

@Coconut also, leave your wheels pointing into a kerb and not straight. So of the car rolls (either forward or backward) it will only have the movement of a couple of inches into the kerb, unless your parking is dodgy. 

Aye, been doing that ever since ("wheels turned" above). This was probably about 6 years ago so the lesson was truly learned.

Good general advice anyway though - even with handbrake/gear in something could go snap and if the wheels are straight, you'll still end up with a problem.

On 19/08/2020 at 16:16, ramit said:

Mrs ramit and i have been on the lookout for a newer car these past weeks.  

We used to do that as kids, on the way home from school!

Looking forward to September... First one to spot a 70 reg is the winner!  Woohoo!

Archived