Gideon offei

Barney1991

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alsager Town's finest? They play in North West Counties League, Division One South. I think that's maybe level 10 of the football pyramid. Somehow I don't think (not so) young Gideon will be helping us get promotion.

Very weird and unlikely link. It's a no from me. If someone's that age and still playing park football, it's too late to get them up to the technical level that's required to be a modern day professional.

9 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

If someone's that age and still playing park football, it's too late to get them up to the technical level that's required to be a modern day professional.

Just ask Ian Wright, Stuart Pearce.... and I'm sure there must be another example of a late developer.

23 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Alsager Town's finest? They play in North West Counties League, Division One South. I think that's maybe level 10 of the football pyramid. Somehow I don't think (not so) young Gideon will be helping us get promotion.

Very weird and unlikely link. It's a no from me. If someone's that age and still playing park football, it's too late to get them up to the technical level that's required to be a modern day professional.

Jamie Vardy just called, he wanted to let you know he was playing for Stocksbridge Park Steels at the age of 22

I had a gander at the Brentford forum and one of them's been kicking around the idea that if he only has Ghanaian citizenship, he wouldn't be permitted to play above a certain level in the pyramid. That is a possibility, as birth in the UK does not automatically give the right to British citizenship. They used Mustapha Bundu as an example of this, a Sierra Leonean player that was at Newquay and Hereford a few years back because he couldn't play higher than that level due to a lack of work permit, but is now at Anderlecht.

Alternatively, it could all be a load of rubbish.

Strange link all around, though.

Archived