Things you are told you should like, but don't.

Rev

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Salmon. 

Omg. Why are people so evangelical about it.? 

'yes ... I have tried it several times. And it was fine. But that's it. No I won't try it or your's, I know you like it, but I don't want it instead of the chicken, lamb, pork, beef..' . X100 conversations. 

14 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Dogs smell, intrude on your space, poo in the park and can be accompanied by people who assume everyone finds their darling pooch as adorable as they do, the selfish bar stewards.

Your own dog smells, intrudes on your space, poos in the park but you love them more than Jake Buxton after a last minute winner v Leeds or the gumps.

6 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Dogs smell, intrude on your space, poo in the park and can be accompanied by people who assume everyone finds their darling pooch as adorable as they do, the selfish bar stewards.

Also... Make your house smell, eat other dogs poo, leave fur everywhere, bite furniture, eat stuff off kitchen surfaces, get ill and run up huge vet bills, be sick in the car, get you into arguments by jumping up at people, bite, bark all night, need walking constantly, sniff other dog's bums then lick your face, mean you have to carry bags of excrement around, poo where they shouldnt, get excited and wee everywhere, wake at stupid o'clock and scratch at doors, restrict your ability to stay out/take holidays, leave muddy paw prints all over your house, shake mud everywhere, make your car muddy and smelly, leave paw prints on the clothes you just put on, spill water all over the floor, cost a fortune in food / insurance, spoil your walk by constantly pulling at the lead or running off.... And on and on... 

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

Also... Make your house smell, eat other dogs poo, leave fur everywhere, bite furniture, eat stuff off kitchen surfaces, get ill and run up huge vet bills, be sick in the car, get you into arguments by jumping up at people, bite, bark all night, need walking constantly, sniff other dog's bums then lick your face, mean you have to carry bags of excrement around, poo where they shouldnt, get excited and wee everywhere, wake at stupid o'clock and scratch at doors, restrict your ability to stay out/take holidays, leave muddy paw prints all over your house, shake mud everywhere, make your car muddy and smelly, leave paw prints on the clothes you just put on, spill water all over the floor, cost a fortune in food / insurance, spoil your walk by constantly pulling at the lead or running off.... And on and on... 

I’d like to point out that the majority of that list would not be an issue of the person was a good dog owner who trained their dog properly. I get dogs aren’t for you but the majority of that list is easily avoidable.

11 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Whilst I have a dog that smells, I do agree with you on the last bit. In fact I hate it with the passion when one comes charging towards you and the owners shout over, “he’s friendly” 

I like to shout back well mines not, they soon waddle across to collect their stinking dog. 

Anyone that comes around the house I will put him upstairs out the way unless it’s a regular visitor that I know is fine with him. 

I know my dog is friendly, but that doesn’t mean I should let him run wild licking everyone in sight with his stinking breath. 

Dogs are great, it’s the owners that are the problem.

Drinking holidays. Done one and when I got back I thought wow I need an actual holiday now. If you're a teenager who's experiencing the joys of freedom, great. It's not a holiday though in my book. 

Archived