20/21 Notts Bottlers Thread

Day

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do wonder how much Forest are paying Taylor. I’m not convinced it’s a great signing either, typically a signing that makes me shudder as it brings back memories of Nick Blackman.

He’s spent just entire career up until last season in the lower leagues and Scotland, with roughly one goal in every four games in League One - 50 in 197 games - and he’s 30 years old. 

He scored 11 in 22 games last season, although 4 were penalties and we know he’s good at them. He’s obviously never had a higher stock and he’s primed to cash in which I believe he has at the tune of £20k plus a week. He’s definitely got to the highest bidder, which is fair enough, so it could be even higher. 

If he’s able to replicate last season and prove that’s his standard, fair enough, but one goal in four games in almost 200 games in League One convinces me more than 11 in 22 in the Championship, considering almost half were penalties. As we know with P&S, it’s the wages that kill you - not the transfer fees. 

9 hours ago, JfR said:

I'm also not convinced that he's as much of a raw goalscorer as he's made out to be. He has previously put up good numbers in the lower-tiers, but when you dig into it you see that those numbers are inflated by penalties, sometimes massively so. This year, for example, he got 11 goals, but 4 were from penalties (over 1/3 of his goals), only 7 were from open play (and 2 of those were against the club he now plays for).

Just looked the goals up as well, and two of his goals were goalbound shots that deflected off him, those being his goals against Blackburn and QPR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcNk3BlAOCw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkN3tauZrm8

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

They’ve also signed Tyler Blackett. I’m not even going to touch that one, not with a barge pole. 

There fans say enough. They don't seem to have a measured reaction too any signing be that Ronaldo or Blackett.  It's always 'get in' ' announce promotion now'.  Occasionally, if it's extra exciting they resort to wanting to ' cup Marianakis balls' .   

23 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Palace, Fulham, Millwall even? It wouldn't seem to be Brentfords style of signing, but theres a few clubs in London I could see giving him a go.

Watford maybe (if that counts as London) - maybe they want another 30+ year old striker to replace Deeney if he leaves. 

Not only would it not be within Brentfords transfer policy I don't really think he would suit their style of play either - he'd be left behind halfway up the pitch if he tried to keep up with their forward line.

On 15/08/2020 at 21:07, JfR said:

They're winning the title early this year, haven't even made it to the start of the season this time

Call it gall. Call it idiocy. Call it whatever you want. But can you imagine having so much of it that you would write a tweet like that after what just happened in the play-offs? Outrageous. Definitely coming back to bite him in the arse.

On 17/08/2020 at 17:17, Pottig said:

Call it gall. Call it idiocy. Call it whatever you want. But can you imagine having so much of it that you would write a tweet like that after what just happened in the play-offs? Outrageous. Definitely coming back to bite him in the arse.

All because they signed a striker with a potential attitude problem and a cart horse defender all while their captain negotiates to go to Burnley. Forest fans have relentless delusion but it seems being totally bank for a decade has really got to them.

On 15/08/2020 at 21:07, JfR said:

They're winning the title early this year, haven't even made it to the start of the season this time

He will be the next Robbie Findlay. If you don't remember who he is, here's a reminder. 

Archived