Loans for next season

RYRAM

I was thinking with the team we have and the young players coming through the squad. 

will we use loans next year? 

will we still blood the youth? 

will loans stop the young rams? 

if we use Loans any ideas to who you would want( realistic targets)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, RYRAM said:

I was thinking with the team we have and the young players coming through the squad. 

will we use loans next year? Maybe one or two but I wouldn't be surprised if the answer is no. Continue to use youth plus the senior players we already have. I don't know if PC has a history of using loan players

will we still blood the youth? Depends on what you mean. I think those that have been blooded this year will continue to feature a lot plus one or two more.

will loans stop the young rams? No, I don't think so. Developing the youngsters and giving them the chance seems to be PC's preference

if we use Loans any ideas to who you would want( realistic targets) No idea, obviously depends on who is available and may well be younger players we know very of (I had little knowledge of Wilson, Mount or Tomori before last season) possibly from abroad. I can't see any seasoned/well known players being brought in.

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

will we use loans next year? Maybe one or two but I wouldn't be surprised if the answer is no. Continue to use youth plus the senior players we already have. I don't know if PC has a history of using loan players

will we still blood the youth? Depends on what you mean. I think those that have been blooded this year will continue to feature a lot plus one or two more.

will loans stop the young rams? No, I don't think so. Developing the youngsters and giving them the chance seems to be PC's preference

if we use Loans any ideas to who you would want( realistic targets) No idea, obviously depends on who is available and may well be younger players we know very of (I had little knowledge of Wilson, Mount or Tomori before last season) possibly from abroad. I can't see any seasoned/well known players being brought in.

all good points mate. I love the fact the young lads are being given a chance. I do think we need a few old heads ie Rooney and the new Dutch lad. maybe with a loan that works we have the foundation of a good footballing side.

can but hope ? 

I'd favour a rule which limits all clubs to a maximum of two season long loans plus one emergency goalkeeper loan.

I'd prefer us to use our own players where possible but if we can't get Clarke on a permanent deal then he'd be the one for me.

21 minutes ago, philmycocu said:

Harry Wilson please, thank you

Aren't Liverpool looking to sell him this close season? If so, they're proven to get top dollar for their players (Ibe £15m, Solanke £19m, Kent £6m etc) so I can't see us competing for him. I'd love to see him back here too though tbh.

2 hours ago, RYRAM said:

Ideally we use the youth team - we're short of 3/4 starters to finish top 6 and it'd be great, if maybe idealistic. to develop these out of the Academy. In November/December, midfield was regarded as our biggest problem - Bird & Sibley (admittedly with massive help from Rooney) have solved that to such an extent that our marquee signing is unlikely to get back into the team in midfield. Looking forward to seeing if any of Ebosele, Brown, Wilson, Whitaker, Hector-Ingram and Mitchell-Lawson are able to make similar impacts.

Realistically we are likely to go into the loan market, particularly for a right winger and striker. Think Cocu & Morris will be aiming to get up next year and we will aim for ready made but cost effective options to get us there - spraying £5m-£10m on new buys is not going to happen. Whatever money we have will go on a new keeper & a new CB I suspect.

26 minutes ago, philmycocu said:

Harry Wilson please, thank you

I can't get my head around the fact that Derby County fans are coveting a player that sits on Bournemouth's bench. And coveting him with little hope of signing him. 

Bournemouth!

I'd hazard a guess that Harry Wilson is never getting anywhere near the Liverpool XI but I'd take him back here in a beat.

A winger on loan would be useful! Or maybe Cocu thinks Whittaker can make a winger and is about to break into the team 

i wonder if he’ll give Whittaker, Brown, JHI and Buchanan a chance now there’s basically nothing to play for 

9 hours ago, RYRAM said:

I think we’ll get a couple of loans in as it may be our best option this year.  In terms of stopping youth I think Cocu said when he can in that he’d rather get a loan player for a year than a permanent signing in a position where there’s a young player coming through.  The logic being using a loan means they may have to wait 1 year to be a first team player whereas a perm signing means they may have to wait 3 or 4 years or even not make it at all.  Makes sense.

Archived