Oxford as big as Derby....

Andicis

Anyone catch this trailer for the league one playoff final... this Oxford fan claims their club is the same size as Derby. Now, I usually find the whole argument pointless about size of clubs, but seriously....? Rooting for Wycombe. The bit I'm referring to is within the first 20 seconds.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean they definitely aren’t. Not sure what would delude their fans into thinking otherwise. They’ve spent most their history in the lower tiers, winning one league cup and playing in the top tier a couple of times. We’ve won the league twice, and spent around half our history in the top flight, only dropping out the top two tiers very briefly. Seems a very strange comment to make. They’re probably bigger than Wycombe having played at this level before at least, but they’d still be one of the smallest teams in the championship. 

Rooting for Wycombe too myself, as they probably have little cash and could become whipping boys next season. (that comment is deffo gonna come back to me when they dick us 3-0 next year...)

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

I mean they definitely aren’t. Not sure what would delude their fans into thinking otherwise. They’ve spent most their history in the lower tiers, winning one league cup and playing in the top tier a couple of times. We’ve won the league twice, and spent around half our history in the top flight, only dropping out the top two tiers very briefly. Seems a very strange comment to make. They’re probably bigger than Wycombe having played at this level before at least, but they’d still be one of the smallest teams in the championship. 

Rooting for Wycombe too myself, as they probably have little cash and could become whipping boys next season. (that comment is deffo gonna come back to me when they dick us 3-0 next year...)

I’d say similar in stature to Wigan and slightly bigger than Hull. Certainly bottom 6 material. 

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I’d say similar in stature to Wigan and slightly bigger than Hull. Certainly bottom 6 material. 

I wouldn’t even go that far. At least Hull and Wigan have played in the Prem relatively recently, even if they have little prior history.

Archived