Tribunal Update

Shipley Ram

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

But DCFC have a representative on the panel.

EFL are incompetent but not sure I understand all of the conspiracy theories. 

Yeah I don't believe there is a mass conspiracy against Derby but I think the EFL are woefully incompetent and motives behind their actions are questionable. The fact they brought this charge against us in the first place tells you they weren't acting purely off their own intiative IMO. Not like we've been free of critics for the last few years is it? Imagine there are more chairman making noise than the ones that went public.

2 minutes ago, David said:

Found guilty - We appeal

Found not guilty - EFL appeal

The first verdict will mean very little, this will run into the season so not worth all the F5 button bashing.

With the upmost of respect dave I think the first outcome will be v significant.

we will have a hard job to appeal and get a decision and potential points deduction overturned for the start of a new season.... and it sure as hell would put a massive dampener on pre season prep in terms of transfers and attracting potential targets.

Just my opinion for what it’s worth 

I mean it’s taken this long and we still don’t have an answer ... how long would an appeal take to get our points back ?  

5 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Exactly. When should you use a semicolon, comma, interrobang?

Tramp now saying they’ve ditched the interrobang completely and replaced it with a paragraph thanking Nick Di Marco.

Mel unsure on this (fourth) draft as points suspended decision not enough for a public thank you to Di Marco. Particularly considering what he charged ? 

19 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

With the upmost of respect dave I think the first outcome will be v significant.

we will have a hard job to appeal and get a decision and potential points deduction overturned for the start of a new season.... and it sure as hell would put a massive dampener on pre season prep in terms of transfers and attracting potential targets.

Just my opinion for what it’s worth 

I mean it’s taken this long and we still don’t have an answer ... how long would an appeal take to get our points back ?  

Having Nigel Pearson in charge briefly was like having a points deduction so we’re experienced in this to let it get to us.

If there was a points deduction the appeal would be heard before the season ends. 

Whatever happens this will rumble on for months, barely worth worrying about just yet. 

Not expecting a lot of transfer activity anyway to be honest, maybe 3 at most, not sure a points deduction would prevent us bringing players in. It’s not causing Sheffield Wednesday any issues. 

37 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

Yeah I don't believe there is a mass conspiracy against Derby but I think the EFL are woefully incompetent and motives behind their actions are questionable. The fact they brought this charge against us in the first place tells you they weren't acting purely off their own intiative IMO. Not like we've been free of critics for the last few years is it? Imagine there are more chairman making noise than the ones that went public.

We shall have our revenge on those other clubs when we stop buying their overrated not very good players for inflated transfer fees - what will they do for money then !!!!!!!!!

42 minutes ago, David said:

Found guilty - We appeal

Found not guilty - EFL appeal

The first verdict will mean very little, this will run into the season so not worth all the F5 button bashing.

Not necessarily. I'd like to think that any appeal following the first scenario would be dependent on the severity of the punishment. If it's effectively a slap on the wrist (due to mitigating circumstances) hopefully we'll just move on. If it's the second scenario maybe the EFL will be relieved to have seen to have tried. 

8 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

It’s interesting that @OwenB87 liked this comment from the rev. He’s obviously coming on here to find the latest news and information. 

Statistically a third of my reactions come from people furiously scrolling past the page upon reading and accidentally hitting the button.

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Not necessarily. I'd like to think that any appeal following the first scenario would be dependent on the severity of the punishment. If it's effectively a slap on the wrist (due to mitigating circumstances) hopefully we'll just move on. If it's the second scenario maybe the EFL will be relieved to have seen to have tried. 

EFL don’t take defeat by independent tribunal we’ll at all. I’m not sure they would settle for a slap on the wrist, bit of a farce really, why even use independent tribunals.

1 minute ago, David said:

EFL don’t take defeat by independent tribunal we’ll at all. I’m not sure they would settle for a slap on the wrist, bit of a farce really, why even use independent tribunals.

Agreed. Its mental. 

Let's agree to put our cases to an independent panel, using the greatest legal representatives money can buy, take months to make a considered decision that all parties can agree to... 

Unless its not the one they want and then they appeal. 

4 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If Derby County are an M&S Chicken Club Sandwich, then I'm guessing that makes the EFL a marmite sandwich with the crusts cut off.

Excellent point MRiG but for a reason that escapes me. If and when the verdict is given, a pickle could be added to the M&S CCS or the marmite could be exchanged to the tuna 12 points. The whole procedure is looking a little cucumbersome. Lettuce be patient as it may prove to be only the tip of the Iceberg. Probably like a Curate's egg, good in parts. 

24 minutes ago, David said:

Having Nigel Pearson in charge briefly was like having a points deduction so we’re experienced in this to let it get to us.

If there was a points deduction the appeal would be heard before the season ends. 

Whatever happens this will rumble on for months, barely worth worrying about just yet. 

Not expecting a lot of transfer activity anyway to be honest, maybe 3 at most, not sure a points deduction would prevent us bringing players in. It’s not causing Sheffield Wednesday any issues. 

Nice point re Pearson lol 

I’m perhaps of a more nervous disposition than yourself, I couldn’t handle sitting in that table not knowing if we’re one announcement away from being plunged into the drop zone.

9 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

The other two thirds are Owen unashamedly fanboying ?

This is such an unfair slur.

Just because we share the same appreciation of a well knitted jumper you lump us in the same pot.

Archived