Tribunal Update

Shipley Ram

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, ossieram said:

Brizzle fans really aren't happy!

Of course they're not. They can only have sex with their sisters, they can only drink apple juice with bits of dead rat rat floating in it and their team gets a nosebleed every time they get anywhere near the play offs.

Would you be happy? ?‍♂️

29 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Who said I had an issue with the loan? I'm just pointing out to you that just because another team has done it doesn't mean anything. You can't say that man over there murdered someone, so me also murdering someone is completely fine. 

The story was initially run by the Daily Mail and then copied by every other parasitical news company. I see nothing strange in this - its how the media works now. In any case I'd argue that the rules are not particularly clear on whether this is kosher or not - section 10 doesn't just cover buying shares in the business.

Fair play point taken.

33 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Yep. Mel will put everything through the right channels at the EFL now just to prove the point.

You got a permit for that sir?

yes I do officer.........you signed it!

More to the point he always has done that hence why no punishment...

7 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Of course they're not. They can only have sex with their sisters, they can only drink apple juice with bits of dead rat rat floating in it and their team gets a nosebleed every time they get anywhere near the play offs.

Would you be happy? ?‍♂️

I can tell you they only come out of the woodwork when they are winning. 

They're also very good at picking their noses with their feet. 

The stars really did line up for us today.

What a great news day for us....

1: Messi hands in transfer request.

2: Jimmy Anderson reaches 600 test wickets. 
3: Slabhead gets found guilty of Assault and attempting to bribe police officers

4: oh and on a side note little old Derby gave The EFL a bloodied nose.

Whilst all sports reports seem to be otherwise engaged with the other 3 headline makers, we slip the noose and go about our business. Couldn’t have planned it better If we had tried. ? ? ????

7 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

The stars really did line up for us today.

What a great news day for us....

1: Messi hands in transfer request.

2: Jimmy Anderson reaches 600 test wickets. 
3: Slabhead gets found guilty of Assault and attempting to bribe police officers

4: oh and on a side note little old Derby gave The EFL a bloodied nose.

Whilst all sports reports seem to be otherwise engaged with the other 3 headline makers, we slip the noose and go about our business. Couldn’t have planned it better If we had tried. ? ? ????

Well it’s taken 6 months to confirm what we all knew that Derby are not guilty of all charges and should never have had a case to answer. The only way we would be guilty is if Mel was lying to the fans and the public!! Clearly never going to be the case! I can’t wait to see the written judgement and I bet Rick Parry will fall off his chair he’ll be squirming so much when he reads it. I can’t work out whether the EFL are incompetent or they are just weak and are letting it’s members run riot with trying to do other clubs over spreading lies and bile throwing so much muck in the hope it will stick and behaving like spoilt children when it doesn’t go their way. Today is the ultimate ? you to the EFL and the rest of the league. 

I think we should leave the EFL to wallow in their ineptitude now but hope we launch a libel case against the Daily Mail for peddling this nonsense either as a mouthpiece for the EFL or Gibson, or because the editor is a Forest fan! 

I also hope P&S is reviewed and suspended during the pandemic, if it applies this season then several clubs (probably including us) will get points deductions, it would be ridiculous. This is unprecedented. 

I’ve no interest in other clubs being done over, focus should be on getting the salary cap in place and driving all clubs to be more sustainable, and finding some way of a more even distribution of money from the top to lessen the impact of parachute payments which make it such an unfair playing field. 

As for Mel, he made some big mistakes early on, we’ve more than paid the price for those now but he’s been striving to make us more sustainable and with the academy now working wonders, we are leading the way with moving towards a sustainable model and would be well positioned in the next 2 years should a salary cap come in.

Time to get promotion for the ultimate ? you! 

duck the EFL! ? the EFL! duck the EFL!

2 hours ago, ilkleyram said:

The problem with sueing the EFL in a court of law rather than in a Tribunal is that you have to have a reason to sue and to have suffered loss.

We can probably show the loss, to some extent, fairly easily - costs of lawyers for example, but the rest - did we lose out on the pitch because we've had a soft transfer embargo since January (if we did) is much harder to prove.  As is reputational damage, to the club or to individuals.

If the EFL can argue that they pursued the tribunal process because there was good reason to do so under its regulations and that they did so without being vexatious in any way - and it would be very hard for us to prove that they, or others, were being vexatious whatever we may believe - then we would stand little chance of winning.  

I doubt whether there's anything in the EFL regulations that would allow us to claim expenses in the event of us winning the Tribunal 

Yes. That’s why the wording of the judgement is important. If the report is highly critical of the EFl Officers then maybe. Otherwise not likely.

5 hours ago, ossieram said:

Brizzle fans really aren't happy!

As for Derby, I hope the EFL find some grounds to appeal this- throw anything and everything they can at it. If other clubs can give evidence, that would be nice too though I don't know how that all works- maybe they can only give evidence when the club itself appeal against an adverse verdict.

There are things that can be done though! Maybe.

Do not let Mel Morris or Derby directors into your ground- all clubs should do this to them and perhaps Sheffield Wednesday- ostracise the ******* as much as you can.

Raise complaints with the EFL on whatever might be an issue- see their recent loan.

Try to raise some kind of vote to force Stephen Pearce off the EFL board at the earliest opportunity.

Leak any adverse or contentious comments at EFL meetings- see Redgate- into the media to ratchet things up.

Oh and if all else fails, then good old on the pitch. Can't beat em- join em. Can't join em- kick em!

Two footers for Rooney, Clarke, Bielik, Bogle early doors would be nice.  Take one for the team, aka the League- by weakening their side in the League.

I assume two footers are straight reds- think Wycombe are quite physical aren't they, gwan!

Bristol? Who are they?

I’m looking forward to reading the judgement. Otherwise just glad it’s all over and we can get back to talking about Chris Martin. 

5 hours ago, ossieram said:

Two footers for Rooney, Clarke, Bielik, Bogle early doors would be nice.  Take one for the team, aka the League- by weakening their side in the League.

Reprehensible. Throwing their toys out of the pram by wishing for their players to do harm to ours. 

Archived