Test Cricket is Back

sage

32 minutes ago, Henrycav81 said:

On paper our tail is stronger this time with Woakes and as we saw from the first innings Woods can hit a long ball hopefully they won’t be needed 

You were saying? I hope you are right and our tail Enders do a better job than in the last Test.

Seldom have I seen an Ashes test win elicit so little joy 😂 Anyone would think we'd lost! 

In actual fact, given the way we've played at times in this game, I'd say we were value for more than 3 or 4 wickets and I'm looking forward to Old Trafford, which ought to be a pretty intense affair.

Bubbling up nicely, I'd say! 

Just now, 86 Hair Islands said:

Seldom have I seen an Ashes test win elicit so little joy 😂 Anyone would think we'd lost! 

In actual fact, given the way we've played at times in this game, I'd say we were value for more than 3 or 4 wickets and I'm looking forward to Old Trafford, which ought to be a pretty intense affair.

Bubbling up nicely, I'd say! 

I think the lack of joy probably stems from the fact that we're still 2-1 down. Now a win at Old Trafford on the other hand might meet with a lot more enthusiasm.

2 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I think the lack of joy probably stems from the fact that we're still 2-1 down. 

Really. A whitewashing avoided, a test win against the number 1 side in the world, the Ashes series still alive and scope for better yet...

Work to be done, for sure, but I'd say there are reasons to be cheerful.