Test Cricket is Back

sage

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

It's easy to be mardy when we look like losing, but surely there will be an enquiry into this wicket? It isn't a five day test wicket, that's for sure! 

To be honest I’m perplexed with this .

Pope has gone now .

Completely played the wrong line .

England have failed miserably and I can’t believe what’s happening.

Just now, angieram said:

It's easy to be mardy when we look like losing, but surely there will be an enquiry into this wicket? It isn't a five day test wicket, that's for sure! 

It's a disgrace and they will almost certainly get away with it.

The commentators were just talking about the the pitch getting slower. It's the 2nd session of day 2.

Also, there was a lot of (rather foolish) talk coming out of the England camp about quick bowlers and the pink ball. Lo and behold we get a pitch where a fast bowler can't put their front foot down safely.

3 minutes ago, Curtains said:

England have failed miserably and I can’t believe what’s happening.

That's the bottom line.

Pitches haven't been great but we're just no where near where we need to be vs India in India. I was happy to get a win on the board in the first match, was expecting 4-0. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

That's the bottom line.

Pitches haven't been great but we're just no where near where we need to be vs India in India. I was happy to get a win on the board in the first match, was expecting 4-0. 

This is much more to do with quality of spinner and pitch than it is to do with batting   Except in Archer’s case obviously 

7 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

This is much more to do with quality of spinner and pitch than it is to do with batting   Except in Archer’s case obviously 

Think thats where we disagree then Kev. 

India far superior with the spinning ball of course but these batsmen are simply not good enough to play spin in these conditions. Openers have been undone too easily. Bairstow and Pope playing lines that sent them packing within minutes. 

We all cried about the pitch last time and then Ashwin put on a 100. We've just not been good enough. 

We couldn't have any complaints in the 2nd test with the pitch as India made 600 runs.

But when Root and Leach skittle the best batting lineup in the world for just over 100 then the pitch isn't really up to standard.

There is a lot of talk about Ashwin getting to 400 wickets so quickly. He's been slow if anything looking at this pitch!