v West Brom (A) - Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm strangely calm for such an important game. 

For me, I felt like playoffs were gone a long time ago, I was just looking for something to get excited about for next year. That has definitely been achieved - the surge in form coupled with the introduction of so many academy players puts us in a strong position for next year. 

Anything we achieve from here is a bonus. If we lose, so be it. I'm pleased with the direction of travel. 

If someone said earlier in the year that we'd have to beat West Brom away from home to have a chance of finishing in the playoffs...and we'd have to do it without Keogh, Wisdom, Bielik, Lawrence, Waghorn and Marriott...I wouldn't be expecting much and I'm just thrilled that we're still in with a shout.

First 20 minutes will be key tonight. WBA will come straight at us, the longer they go without scoring the more nervous they will become.

My only major concern tonight is our bench will offer very little attacking options. Whoever starts the game is going to have to do the business from the off.

Its time for someone to make a name for themselves at this club tonight, Whittaker, Knight, Jozefzoon or Hector-Ingram, whoever gets the nod, show us what you are made of!

It would be nice to have all the players to select from so any positive result would be decent but from a WBA perspective it’s a absolutely massive game and they are well aware that we are the Kingmakers at the end of this season with having WBA Brentford and Leeds to play.

i must admit my conversations with WBA supporters have always been decent in terms football fairness the premiership/championship and following their club ( unlike many other groups of supporters) 

14 minutes ago, Topram said:

Would put Shinnie in and move Rooney forward let Bird sit with Shinnie and do the nice passing 

I'd go for something similar.

Shinnie offers a bit more bite (and legs) than Rooney and I like the idea of Rooney being the link between midfield and attack.

Infact, the back 4 takes care of itself;

Bird and Shinnie 

Knight and Sibley on wings

Rooney in number 10 sat behind Martin.

6 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I'd go for something similar.

Shinnie offers a bit more bite (and legs) than Rooney and I like the idea of Rooney being the link between midfield and attack.

Infact, the back 4 takes care of itself;

Bird and Shinnie 

Knight and Sibley on wings

Rooney in number 10 sat behind Martin.

Slowest forward line in professional football.

8 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Having to wake up at 4:55pm instead of 2:55? ?

I'll have you know I'm in the office today! 

Early kickoffs during a weekend though? That's another story ? 

40 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Missed reading the Tortoise and the Hare as kid did you? ?

Ah so you think the other strikers are better than Martin but you prefer Chrissy cos he doesn't take naps during games? This is a stance I can get behind.

21 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Ah so you think the other strikers are better than Martin but you prefer Chrissy cos he doesn't take naps during games? This is a stance I can get behind.

No the other strikers think they're better, but the moral of the tale is that the Tortoise wins the race cos its not just about speed. ??

Although maybe it won't be that long before the Hare is fit again?

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

No the other strikers think they're better, but the moral of the tale is that the Tortoise wins the race cos its not just about speed. ??

I like to take the moral of that story to be to constantly rely on your betters to fail.

Archived